Red Faction II Info

Jc4Myers

Hey I own the game Red Faction II on PS2. I read the review here on CGA and I think one aspect of it is wrong. I am not sure if this is so on PC but it is on the PS2. The author said the bots were too easy for a FPS vet. On the PS2 verison you can keep increasing the difficulty to how ever high you want them. It will become so hard that no one can win but all you have to do is play it more. When you create a bot in multiplayer that bot has a set ammount of points to which you can divide that ammout between is attributes. You can set it to stuff like agility or accuracy. When you start playing they are usually really easy. But if you let those bots kill you some time they will earn more points thus making HARDER. The more they kill the harder they become. The only reason that they are still easy is because after you play with them once you must go and re-edit them and keep adding points. If you never do this they will stay the same difficulty as when you started. After you do this make sure you save them or the data will be reverted back to the beginning. You should try this on PC but I know it works on PS2. That might make you want to change your review in the sense of the difficulty.

I don't believe that's the way it is on the pc. I could recheck but I'm too lazy
tounge.gif
The point is that even on Hard level the bots were way too easy...maybe it's just me...  
cool.gif

Anyway, the point still remains, who would want to keep playing a bunch of ridiculously easy bots so they get harder, when you can play hundreds of other fpses online with real people? Unless of course you have 56k...
tounge.gif

like me. i love the game. ive had it for a while though.

Back