Router configuration for co-op campaign in UT3?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I tried to figure out how to set up my router to allow for people to join me when I play the Campaign mode in Unreal Tournament 3, but the instructions I found are ridiculously complex.

Has anyone found a way to make the co-op campaign in UT3 work?

If so, what changes did you make to your router settings?

Bakey posted what worked for him on the Clan Fudge forums. I made the same changes to my router, but now need help testing it.

If you have UT3 installed and are willing to help me test co-op campaign play in UT3, please post a reply.

Bakey posted what worked for him on the Clan Fudge forums. I made the same changes to my router, but now need help testing it.

If you have UT3 installed and are willing to help me test co-op campaign play in UT3, please post a reply.

I'll help :). If you see me on give me a holler.

I believe you must have your compute set to a static ip address. (router)

Here is a router guideline. Choose your model of router and follow directions. Look for the link out to tell if your pc is set to be a static ip address.

http://www.portforward.com/english/...eal_Tournament_3/Unreal_Tournament_3index.htm
I tried all sorts of configurations (including setting a static IP for my notebook computer) to try to get co-op campaign play working today with no success.

ColdSteel was able to see my game in the server browser on his end, but received a "Connection failed" error when he tried to join.

/sigh

unblocking ut in the windows firewall often isn't enough. Try this..just for testing sake..turn on upnp on the router and then fire up ut.

other than turning off the firewalls(and your anti-whatever) and setting the ports on the router properly..if you are sure those have all been done simultaneously..then that's your last hope.

Well, it made me cringe to do it, but I put my notebook computer in my router's DMZ. After I did, people were able to join my games.

So I open up all the ports listed in my original post (6500, 7777, 7778, 7787, 13000, 27900) and people can't connect.

I put my notebook computer in the DMZ and people can connect.

Do I need to open additional ports (or open them as both TCP and UDP instead of just UDP) to make my co-op campaign games joinable without putting my notebook in the DMZ?

(Also posted on Unreal Series Steam Forums.)

Last edited:
Depending on the Game for Co-op, Most require UPNP to be enabled, but some just require the Firewall off and a Port Number, sometimes the Anti Virus messes it up, at least for FC 2 it did, Another thing to remember is that if you set up a Co-op game and someone can't join it may be on their End, Hope you get it going :)

My personal problem was the I have a linksys wireless router and a BEC DSL modem/router, so I had to put the linksys address in the DMZ of the BEC's and then all was well.

Back