Ruin Priests

ben777jil

alright, so I'm new to this whole ruin priest healing thing... I played a priest healer in WoW for a good 4 years and lots of end game stuff. but this is something different, or am I just making it that way? I mean I'm only lvl 10 right now, but are the machanics that much different, or am I just reading into in poorly? also, what are the stats I should be going for?

Hiya Ben. The stats you should be looking for is willpower. That will increase your HPS. Int will help your Magic DPS so that's a good one for leveling.

As far as healing goes just put Rune of Regen on everyone and you'll be fine. Throw a Blessing of Valaya for group heals. It will also heal even if you don't have LOS that way you can take cover and still throw a few heals. I used Rune of Mending leveling to 40 but I later learned it's such a AP drain that you're better off using Grungi's Gift instead.

One other thing to do is put all your points into the Valaya tree. Once you hit 30 or so you'll get Rune of Burning which will rock with a lot of int. I could burn down same level mobs before they'd get to me. Mobs 3 or 4 levels higher were no problem.

Hope this helps ya. I have a Swordmaster at level 8 so hopefully I can group up with you sometime. Good luck.

I played a priest in WoW too.

The differences I see are three.

1. More reliance on HoT's
2. Take a few more hits.
3. Can do some damage when soloing.

These are quick passes.

I will post more after dinner.

Back