Sample advertisement on the Tribe of Judah CS server

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I've set up a system to rotate advertisements on Tribe of Judah Half-Life game servers. The system uses Admin Mod and a third-party plugin to display a two- or three-line advertisement for five seconds every five minutes. I haven't finalized the system, but want to give those interested in advertising on Tribe of Judah servers an idea of what they can expect.

Click the thumbnail images below for samples.

Please feel free to distribute the URL for this thread to companies you think might be interested in advertising or have them contact me directly at tek7 AT toj DOT cc.

Last edited:
dude, good job, i tried that plugin and didnt do something right. Whew its working, sweet :) When we get a cs source server up we can do the same automatically with mani mod. You can add lots of lines and adverts but they cant be too long. Example is the adverts.txt i use.
{RED}Welcome and visit our website @ www.godsfrozenchosen.com
{GREEN}Current map is {CURRENTMAP}
{BLUE}NO swearing or offensive names/language please!
Next map is {NEXTMAP}
Server running: Mani-AdminMod/Metamod/SteamBans/Vac
Also visit our 1.6 server @ hescominsoon.dyndns.org:27015
Visit www.toj.cc for a larger Christian Gaming network

Plus you can have webshort cuts in game. Say someone says this
toj. Wamm, a ingame webpage comes up, connecting the user to www.toj.cc. In a window similar to the motd or buy menu. They can surf the website and even click on things.

Last edited:
Do'nt host on image shack! I can't see the picture! *i can host them on sirthom's website for you, he has plenty of bandwidth he says... >_>

=O

Make sure they aren't over 1.7MB +++ tho... <_<

that way you can see images a lot better! imageshack = low res. PM me

Talon said:
When we get a cs source server up we can do the same automatically with mani mod.
Excellent, I'll keep that in mind. I might call you in to help set up the plugin, if you'd like to help?

Sure, np, easy to set up. I can set up mani mod, metamod, and Steam bans on the cs source server when that happens. It probably would be a good idea to reinstall mani mod over again (more recent version is out) and just use the old config files the way plank had it set up.

Last edited:
hescominsoon said:
I have all the gaming server files for TOJ backed up onto dvd BTW..:)
lol, i knew you did. Umm, when the new server gets here or we set up on 7F, either way, mani mod config files will be kept but the base .so files need to be replaced, as new versions have been released.

$hane said:
I have no idea whats going on hahahaha
I installed an Admin Mod and set up a sample advertisement on the ToJ CS Temp server. Now that I have screenshots of the module in action, I can change the text to something else.

One thing i suggest tek, is to add a line saying something along the lines of this "Do not use offensive names/language please", i noticed BWP does this on thier Cs source server (I do too) but this will make it usable on 1.6, and people follow the rules more if its stated.

I have all the gaming server files for TOJ backed up onto dvd BTW..

ONO! THAT MEANS CS IS GOIGN TO HAVE ALL THOSE LITTLE HICKUPS! AGAIN! AUUGHHH! RE-INSTALL STEAM ON NEW SERVER POLL!!! AUUGHH!

^-- Jk... somewhat?

Seroiusly, i do not know, but i know that if i have an error in one steam acocunt and i copy it into my other (^_^ * aha, i got another one for friends, or an accidental ban, just incase. ^_^) I still get the SAME error, so I would reinstall steam for a clean fresh, start, but it IS a lot of work... >_>

Ok, the cs1.6 video is done. I'm working with tek to perfect it. Its about 2 and a half minutes, 250mbs, and a resolution of 1024x786.

Still working on it :D

Back