Saturday July 18th, 2009 Light and Dark

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
John 3:19-21 said:
19. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

20. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

21. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Light and Darkness, seems to be the tale of most any story you can pick up. You always have the good guys on the side of the light and the bad guys on the side of the darkness...

Why is that? Why is it that light is always shown as the good guy? Well it is very simple, if you walk in the light, everything you do will be seen. Nothing is hidden. Whereas if you stay to the darkness, no one can see your deeds. No one can see that you stole that candy bar, or had the lustful thoughts for your neighbor, or were jealous of your Pastor's new car.

When we stand in the light, we as Christians must hold ourselves to a higher standard. We have to stand up for what is right, no matter the cost. We have to show ourselves approved. When people see us in the light, daring to break free from the shadows, they will wonder why? and ask us.

When we can answer "God is what makes me do this" It will not only open up witnessing opportunities, but it will Please the Lord. :D

God bless and have a great weekend!

I once stood in darkness afraid of what you would see, but now I stand in light for who I was is no longer me. Amen Brother!

Back