Secret Team Fortress Page! Halloween event maybe?

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Check out the Spy's head it's a skeleton which leads to a secret page O' clues and a secret code. Wonder if this is old news or not I'm off to google...

Ok apparently I noticed the page within a day of everyone else this time :) .

From what I've noticed...
1. The picture of Merasmus the Magician is in fact a model. Note the sharp angular edges. Models are only used in game.
2. Mann vs Machine is advertised on the page.
3. People have found a scout_zombie_red.vmt file. For those who do not know this can be used to give an exsisting model a new skin.
4. There is an advertisement for a skull island is on the page.

My theory is this...

They will add a new or re-work an existing Mann vs Machine map to be zombie themed. Instead of robots zombie TF2 characters will attack with Merasmus the Magician replacing the tank as a boss of the attack waves. I'm hoping it's an all new island based MVM map because I've mentioned to you guys before Valve should do an MVM map where the enemies spawn underwater and come ashore. Thing is most of the time Valve re-works existing maps for Halloween. The "Skull Island" advertisement is more likely a simple reference to Eyeaduct's netherworld Skull Island.

The code decription on the page eludes me so far though.

Thinking...
If the card is a picture of a Scout though you would expect "scout" to be written on it. The first symbols could be "scout" but then the second set would be "soou#" which does not work. I'll have to check the page for more clues.

Last edited:
Scream fortress begins tomorrow. See teamfortress.com. The skull island achievement appears to be the same as last year's? If so do we even get a new map or just a modified old one T_T? Hoping new map.

Due to the earlier call for community items there are going to be new Halloween costumes but none have been announced yet. I assume you earn them from picking up the gift but they say the gift is personalized now so no greedy race to the present.

Last edited:
I've put the server on an all Halloween rotation. Let me know if items aren't dropping or we have crashes. Source mod had to be updated to a developmental branch to work. All it means is the possibilities for bugs are a bit higher. Rotation goes two round per map with the map cycle having a heavy emphasis on the new map "koth_lakeside_event" or as it is called in game "Ghost Fort". It goes...

koth_harvest_event

koth_lakeside_event

cp_manor_event

koth_lakeside_event

koth_viaduct_event

koth_lakeside_event

I've altered the mapcycle to be just Koth_Lakeside_Event and the rounds back to 4. I'll still take a few requests tonight but I expect to be running the even map a lot tonight to farm items. We will need ten players to spawn the boss to do so though.

I've also updated source mod to it's most current and still had to pull nextmap and mapchooser plugins as they were spiting out errors. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I'm planning on loading up my unofficial ToJ MvM server later this week (probably tonight or Friday night as to not interfere with Left 4 Thursday) to play the MvM Halloween event map.

Of course, that's my intention. I may get sidetracked by Natural Selection 2. :)

I and a few others played the MvM event map and it is brutal. As in, so brutal I can't imagine it being fun to keep trying until we clear it, though it was fun to play through 4-5 attempts. I doubt I'll be playing the map again before the event ends.

Back