Server Issue

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
I will keep this terse...

Gerbil updates sourcemod this morning hoping to fix previous sourcemod problem.

Gerbil noticed his TF2 client getting an un-named update while doing this so he updates the server as well because he wants to have the server ready for tonight in time.

Server refuses to start.

Gerbil pulls sourcemod and returns it to it's previous version, still won't start. Spending an hour or two in fiddling.

Gerbil checks hlsd mailing list apparently the update makes servers refuse to start.

Gerbil waits for Valve to fix their stupi... questionable update.

So if Valve decides to fix it before 8:30 or Gerbil figures out how to "revert it to the older srcds_linux", whatever that entails, we will have a game night. If not Gerbil will not be happy -_- .

Edit: Tried to replace that file with the older one posted by a digest user but ftp tells me I don't have permission to touch it. I expect only Gameservers can so I've written them. Hopefully either Valve or them will fix it before tonight. Also hopefully Gameservers won't re-brake it if Valve pushes out a fix first.

Edit: Server is up again but I don't know why. I expect Gameservers must have fixed it as I had stopped the server but they had not replied they had yet. I'm so confused T_T. I'm not touching it again until after tonight lest I break it.

Last edited:
Back