Several ways to stay in touch with your XBL friends

Lygernight

There are several ways to stay in touch with your XBL friends out there now.

Google Chrome users can use the Xbox LIVE Dashboard extension which will display messages and your friends list in Chrome.
http://j.mp/XBLChrome

Log in to the xbox live website and communicate directly from there. You can also edit your avatar and address anything you need on your account while your there.
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Home

iPhone users now have an xbox app that includes an xbox live messenger.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-xbox-live/id480914036

Just curious what your favorite way is to keep in touch with your fellow xbox live friends?

I don't always keep in touch with my XBL friends, but when I do keep in touch with them, I use Raptr.

I've never heard of raptr before this. Seems like a pretty cool way to sync yourself as a gamer socially. I assume you can't communicate of XBL with it though can you?

I've never heard of raptr before this. Seems like a pretty cool way to sync yourself as a gamer socially. I assume you can't communicate of XBL with it though can you?
I can, actually. I get messages when I have it open, and I can respond in turn. It's kinda nifty.

Guess I'm not up with the times. I just keep in touch using email and some twitter.

Most people I know now HATE when I email them, it either needs to be a mentioned tweet, FB post, or text message. LOL.

And Raptr is GREAT! ...but you know what is even better? MY FACEBOOK GROUP "The Awesome Xbox Group"! :D :D :D

But seriously, I would say most of us here use that to communicate with each other now.

Most people I know now HATE when I email them, it either needs to be a mentioned tweet, FB post, or text message. LOL.

And Raptr is GREAT! ...but you know what is even better? MY FACEBOOK GROUP "The Awesome Xbox Group"! :D :D :D

But seriously, I would say most of us here use that to communicate with each other now.

Xbox friends I keep in touch with email are real life close friends so it's never a big deal with them. I don't have Facebook and never intend to get it.

I don't have Facebook and never intend to get it.

Not to dive into your personal business but why not? Without FB I could not keep up with distant family and friends as easy or well. If I just used email to keep up with those people, I would not be able to keep up with half of them, and wouldn't share things with most of the due to the pain in the butt email is compared to sharing with FB. I never understood people who won't use social networking, either you do not know many distant people and many of your friends are local (super lucky), or you spend hours a day writing emails.

Please don't take this as rude, I just really don't understand how people couldn't use FB, or other social medium. I mean, if I dropped FB, I would have maybe one friend, and would only be close to less than a handful of family members.

Well you can speculate & rant all you want. I have my reasons. End of discussion.

I was not doing either, I don't use sarcasm, and I am not dumb. I seriously do not understand how you can do it if you have distant relatives/friends. This not a "YOU ARE TEH IDIOTZZZ, GET THE FACEBOOKZZZ" kinda post, because in all seriousness, if you have a way outside of FB, and outside of sending a lot of emails, that works with actually keeping friendships and connections with relations, I would love to hear it, because IMO social networking is taking a poo on itself.

I honestly have considered getting rid of my Facebook page. Most of my friends from high school are extreme liberals and I constantly end up in heated discussions on politics there. Our dependancy on social media has gotten way out of control.

There are studies out that actually show social media is changing the way the future generations think and process information. No longer are younger generations retaining as much information since they don't need to. All they have to do is google it and they've got their answer. There is a large number of people that just start to spout facts and information and have no idea how to interpret them. They have no idea how the websites have come to their conclusions but they just know it's "the answer".

I use the calculator in a similar example. I used to be able to spout of small formulas and perform them verbally without using a calculator. Nothing complex, but I can no longer perform division, multiplication, exponents, etc. without the use of a calculator. People used to do this without aid from technology.

We need a bit of a technological detox in our lives sometime. We aren't meant to be plugged into each others lives 24/7/365.25 (.25 accounts for leap year)

We aren't meant to be plugged into each others lives 24/7/365.25 (.25 accounts for leap year)

I agree with you, except for this part. Actually, as Christians we are. We are made for a more deep community that the world can't make. We are to be deeply involved in all aspects of our fellow bros and sis's lives. We are suppose to know when each other sin, and when they need help and guidance.

So, while some may not want that, I do. Especially since my best friend, lives 21 hours away. And I want to be a good accountability partner, and help him anyway I can. Just as I want to for my friends that live 16-30 hours away.

We were made for community. :)

Back