Shadow Warrior Vids

coldturkey49

I have not been online with Ilya much lately, one of the reasons being I am really liking the shadow warrior.
It is just such a fun class to play, for me at least.
Especially skirmish stance in RvR.
Feels like a first person shooter.

So I made 2 videos of some Phoenix Gate action at rank 19.
I have deviated from my usual choices in music on these 2 vids,
from public domain classical to written permission / free to use heavy metal rifts -> http://metroidmetal.com/

Video One:
You Tube -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3kLU_P5ELY&fmt=6
File Front -> http://files.filefront.com/Valisha+Rank19+Phoenix+Vi1wmv/;12607882;/fileinfo.html

Video Two:
You Tube -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZT1Gg9ASM&fmt=6
File Front -> http://files.filefront.com/Valisha+Rank19+Phoenix+Vi2wmv/;12607888;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy the 'hard rockin' shadow warrior goodness.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed SW upto T4... maybe at 40 they get better.

I saw you were getting heals...that always makes things so much funner :)

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest I had never thought of running around as a Shadow Warrior...

Also your game runs perfectly.... I hope mine will look like that as soon as I have my new computer parts...

Heh, I saw the title of this thread and for a moment I thought you all were talking about the 1997 first-person shooter Shadow Warrior.

EDIT: Post #4100

EDIT: My apologies for the off-topic post.

T1 as a shadow warrior was like playing a glass pea shooter :)
T2 Rank 18+ (You get some decent talents finally) is FUN!

Cannot wait to see T3 and T4.

My reason for semi-ditching the White Lion is Open RvR.
Melee DPS just flat out sucks in zergs, end of story.

But the Shadow Warrior can do range, close range, AND melee!
Sure, they are not the best at any one, but still, I got options.

Odale
Thanks for the machine compliment. If ya got the cash, its a good box for the price ->
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_630?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn&ST=xps%20630&dgc=ST&cid=36556&lid=910453

Tek7
Never heard of that game before, but funny non the less :p

My SW is my solo main, which I really enjoy. I specced for Scout stance, though, instead of Skirmish. I can do huge damage, but have to stand still to do it. Festering Arrow, with Vengeance and Unshakeable Focus, can hit for 3k+ dmg- at rank 30! I also have 2 AoE shots (Glass Arrow, Flame Arrow).

And my all time favorite: Explosive Shots (Morale 3) used with Rapid Fire. :D

I off specc Assault, for pve. It rocks for that.

P.S. Go back to classical music; it was much better. Seriously.

Jeez, Tek!

How dare you try to hijack a thread in one of the Redeemed forums. That NEVER happens here.

Gosh! .......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The system I am [slowly] building is:

Asus M3A78-T Motherboard
AMD Phenom 9950+ - I am an AMD person. That's why. :D
Sapphire Radeon 4870 512mb - got it "on sale" from Newegg... it was the same price as the 4850's.
4gigs DDR 1066 G-Skill Memory - Least expensive DDR-1066 memory that had the highest reviews I could find.
Antec 550W BP550 PSU - Modular FTW

I am reusing my first-gen Antec P180 and my current gaming computer was moved into my Antec 1080AMG SOHO tower. Saving money is always worth it.

Totals with shipping is about $640.

Everything else I am reusing from my current gaming computer.

The bottom line is I want it to perform like yours, lol. Currently I have all the settings on the lowest available and I still suffer from considerable lag occasionally.

Last edited:
I really dig skirmish stance, like I said above.
You have to stay mobile all the time, but you can pull some amazing numbers.

Here is an image of some good dps I pulled just last night ->
xnzgqytape.jpg

But more so I like being able to contribute in ORvR zergs, where,
and lets be honest, Melee DPS is at its worst (referring to my rank 40 White Lion).

Last edited:
But more so I like being able to contribute in ORvR zergs, where,
and lets be honest, Melee DPS is at its worst (referring to my rank 40 White Lion).

ILYA FOR DEV!

Seriously, that's my biggest problem with the WH. PLEASE MYTHIC, FIX OUR ORvR ROLL!

I've been having fun on a SW as well... but I only just got out of T1. Kiting 2 Marauders at once ftw!

Last edited:
I too loved my sw before my midlife crisis caused me to delete all my toons.

I've made a wh my main and loving it so far, but when the time comes (i'm t4) i'm going to remake my sw as my alt.

Nice Videos, as usual :)

and I enjoyed the music :)

If you haven't already can I suggest you give the scout spec a try? I love the sw, and skirmish can definitely dish out the total damage, but there's not much stopping power.

*disclaimer:
The following critique is done in good spirit with Christ's love

I noticed that in the vids, you didn't kill many people, more of just plinking away, and that's not due to you but the way the sw is right now, skirmish just doesn't have a big finisher like scout does.

One thing I loved doing on mine before the wipe was using eagle eye (?) and hitting unshakeable while the arrow was mid flight, i'd get hits of 600+ at lvls 14, then hit rapid fire (amazing burst damage) and finish them off. While I definitely didn't top the damage charts, I did kill alot of people.

p.s. I hope you don't give up on your wl permanatly was looking forward to playing with ya eventually :)

and last p.s. can you link or post your comp's specs? i'm in the market and by end of Jan (tax return) I might be getting a new comp :)

Last edited:
Don't worry Tath, I am not ditching the White Lion. Just taking a break.
With fortress taking still not working 100%, I got time before ORvR really takes off (I hope it does).

As for plinking away, you bet! Me doing 100-200 damage to the entire group every 2 seconds, that can wig out some healers.
Also, if you look at the screen shot I posted a few posts up (think you have to be logged in to see it), I actually got a lot of death blows in.
Skirmish has no SINGLE TARGET BURST, but it does have huge multi target potential.
I will probably spec skirmish/scout in the end.
Also, I am playing this toon for fun, and skirmish is really fun!

PC Specs -> XPS 630 (look at the 3rd column on the page I link)
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_630?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn&ST=xps%20630&dgc=ST&cid=36556&lid=910453

Last edited:
Ilya,

I really loved watching that. The aoe dmg was insane. You did a very fine job keeping at range and backing up before things got risky. My opinion about aoe dmg. It's not meant to bring high kills. It's meant to soften up the foes for the single target dps to finish off. Also, insane aoe dps makes healers use up their action points and that's a great thing when they don't have enough AP to perform an emergency big heal on a single target.

When I spec dots on my BW, it kinda looks like your style although I wish I had a snare or two. :D

And I loved that cover of the metroid end game music. Do they have more nintendo covers? For those who like nintendo-turned-metal, check out the neskimos.

Zeb

Back