show your support for keeping obama out

/me highlights thread for all CGA General Discussion forum moderators to watch

If I HAD to vote, it may be Obama. McCain seems like another Dubbya. :/

ah the wonderful two party system where you don't really get a vote. The entire lot of congress needs to be pulled out and impeached besides the war criminals dwelling in the white house. They no longer represent what the american people want, rather they cave in to thrashing our liberties and funding an illegal war. They might as well cut up the constitution and bill of rights for use as toilet paper.

mods: just lock it, its already going south.

discussion:

meh, i would rather see a group supporting something than against something because your not providing a solution. gl with the group though

ah the wonderful two party system where you don't really get a vote. The entire lot of congress needs to be pulled out and impeached besides the war criminals dwelling in the white house. They no longer represent what the american people want, rather they cave in to thrashing our liberties and funding an illegal war. They might as well cut up the constitution and bill of rights for use as toilet paper.

Vibro for president. :cool:

To quote an excellent comic (Bloom county) on the matter:
"We need a new candidate"
"What sort of person should we look for?"
"Well, someone willing to forfeit all his dignity to a bitter presidential campaign..."
"And willing to risk personal and economic ruin."
"All so he can reach the white house and be immediately blamed for every problem in the universe."
"Gentlemen, we need a complete fool."

-That's become my opinion on the dearth of any decent presidential candidates.

oh come on guys, i thought there would be no problem on this forum...if you like obama (shivers) than please dont start a flame war in my thread, if you want to argue politics add me to xfire: 1braveheart and We'll talk.

In all fairness, should there not also be a thread to show support for McCain as well?

(obligatory disclaimer: I am not in favor of either candidate, but rather to help members show support in the appropriate areas in a productive way, it may help (AKA avoid flame wars))

Gen

In any other election year, I wouldn't have expected an anti-candidate post; however, given Republicans' repeated failures to deliver on promises involving Christian principles and their continued arrogant assumption that Christians will only vote for Republicans AND the lack of any pro-life candidates this election, it really does seem as though Christians who vote Republican are voting against Obama rather than for McCain.

(To be honest, I'm surprised someone didn't start an anti-Hillary thread sooner.)

But that's just one man's opinion.

I'm going to leave the thread open for now, but would ask that forum members not make sweeping statements like, "If you're a God-fearing Christian, you won't vote for Obama." Neither party has done right by Christians and America's compliance with the power elite has and will likely continue to suppress the emergence of a viable third party for generations to come.

If you want to discuss where either candidate's values don't line up with Christian values, please cite specific examples and, where helpful, cite Scriptures clearly outlining the values.

oh come on guys, i thought there would be no problem on this forum...if you like obama (shivers) than please dont start a flame war in my thread, if you want to argue politics add me to xfire: 1braveheart and We'll talk.

You're really kind of fanning the flames (yeah, that was bad, I know) with remarks like that. When you say in front of a public board that what they may or may not like makes you shiver, you're asking for a flame war. Go on and disagree with Obama all you like, but don't ask a public forum to not voice their opinion when you come out with a somewhat insulting remark.

Open political discussion is just fine, but respect on all sides is absolutely necessary, and I haven't seen anyone but you get all up in arms about it. I don't mean any offense by that, but if you can't handle others' reactions to your own thread, you shouldn't start it. There are people on this forum that feel like Obama would be the better candidate. I'm not one of them, but I don't think John McCain would honestly be any better.

Last edited:
My only 2 cents is that if you want to discuss controversial matters, you must be ready to "agree to disagree" or you are just going to create enemies over little issues.

And remember what 'lil Bush says on Comedy Central, the only way for them not to win is for you not to vote. . . (only works if everyone decides to not vote, there you go create the "I choose to not vote" campaign)

Last edited:
Blackgravity summed up with much softer words than what mine would have been.

A leader of any organization will not make wide, insulting generalizations about prospective members. Definitely not a smart move.

What you should have done is PM people that you believe would be interested, not flame and then ask to not be flamed back at.

All you need to do is look at the older political threads and you will quickly find out where people stand.

Do your homework next time.

Edit: I <3 'lil bush.

Last edited:
Back