Sniper crosshair

Hmm I seem to have messed up my normal crosshair and now it doesn't scale like it should, i.e. smaller when I duck with like a USP bigger when I run jump, just stays the same size. I don't think I overwrote it but oh well think I'm gonna just reinstall CS unless someone can email me the sprite that I need. Unless it's not that. Hmm looking in the sprite folder and there isn't even a "crosshair", you sure that's right Goose? Blech I can't play without my crosshair doing as it should.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

DH ... that's the file, I'm sure of it ... look at one of the "weapon_[gun-name].txt" files, and you can see, for the "crosshair" rows, the sprite it uses is called "crosshairs[.spr]", so maybe you downloaded a bonk sprite? And toe, try setting either "cl_lc 0" or "cl_lw 0", it's one of those, I just can't remember which one =\.

No that's lag compensation Goose. I acctually reinstalled CS and when I was copying over parts of my old config I found that somehow "cl_dynamiccrosshair" got set to 0 which would obviously turn off a dynamic crosshair. :-\

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

Toe, I know it's lag compensation (cl_lc), I know what I'm talking about, cl_lw takes away the dynamic crosshairs as well. I was just giving a suggestion, so please don't tell me I'm wrong.

Well your still wrong and but I do appreciate the suggestion. ;-) I know that at least to me that has nothing to do with it cause I was messing around with that after reinstalling CS and it didn't affect the dynamosity(um whatever the word for it being dynamic is).

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

I tried it to, but I changed cl_lw in my config.cfg file before I joined, yet it still set it to 1? So, yes ... at the moment I am wrong, please forgive me. I remember one time changing those two settings and I didn't have dynamic crosshairs afterwards, that's all I know. Maybe it was back in 1.4 though, I don't know. Sorry again.

by changing the "crosshair.spr" file, i only see my new crosshairs before i join a team or start spectating someone.

i dont know whats to do

Goose's crosshair is good because its really bright and stuff.
biggrin.gif

Demon: the reason you arn't getting Goose's crosshair is because you have dynamic crosshairs enabled. disable it, and you'll be able to use Goose's. But be warned: your crosshair won't show when you are more or less accurate, so its going to be harder to tell when to stop the burst.

Do not disable dynamiccroshair, tis a very bad thing to do and really messes you up.  I'm going to assume that you've got the sprites you want to use for your crosshairs for the zoomed aug/sg.  Paste the file(s) in the CS sprite directory, they can be named whatever you want and you don't have to overwrite anything since I'm gonna tell you real easy how to change it so they work.  In the same folder open up the text file by the name of weapon_xxxx(xxxx being the name of the weapon you want to use the crosshair with).  On the second to last line (make notepad bigger if it wraps so the lines go around) it should say this: "crosshair 640 crosshairs 24 0 24 24".  Change "crosshairs" to the name of your new crosshair.  Then change the numbers in order to 0, 0, 256, 256 or it won't align properly(sorry if for some odd reason you using on that is wacky and those aren't right but all of em I've tested work with those numbers).  So that should help ya. :)

If your talking the regular green crosshair, well: "REGULAR WEAPON CROSSHAIRS: Since beta v6, the regular weapon crosshair design cannot be replaced.", but that could be wrong since it says you can't replace the AUG scope and I have.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

Back