Son of Hakkar - skill discussion

Xandar

Well, now that many of us have these fine pets, we have to train them. Mine is no longer rebellious btw just unruly, saves on food and gives the first 35 pts for training.

Seeing as they can learn Lightning (must have), Growl (Must have), Bite, Cower, and dive, what do you think they should have and why?

Given 300 pts, here are my thoughts:
Lightning 6 - 25 pts (50 focus per, no cooldown, no brainer)

Growl 7 - 0 pts (15 focus, 5 sec cooldown)

Dive 3 - Not needed because he is a ranged pet

Bite 8 - Iffy on this one, might be nice if target is nature resistant, but frankly, that is not enough for the pts required (25), uses 35 focus too for less damage and a 10 sec cooldown. I prefer the instant lightning for more damage.

Natural Stamina - this is just not worth the points, at best you could get +400 HP's (for 150 pts). This is only about an 8% boost. I am not taking any points in this.

Natural Armor - Same as above, for the pts its just not worth it. My pet has a little over 6k armor anyway, +660 for 150pts is just not worth it.

Resistances - usually only ice / fire / shadow / maybe nature unless TBC changes things. You could get 90's in these 4 for a total of 180 pts. Not bad. With my pts set-up, you could boost two to 120 resistance (maybe fire and Ice??)

This uses all 300 pts, any other ideas?

Last edited:
I'm still working on mine, but you should know you will not have all 300 because they come with Lightning Breath 6 when tamed. This is nice in that you don't have to wait for them to like you before you get it.

Back