Soul Calibur IV

I am similar in playing habits. SNK has a special place in my heart, but I tend to like all fighting games in general.
You just gained added favor. I adore SNK. King of Fighters XI was the first fighting game I took seriously, and the KoF series is probably my overall favorite series.

Agreed. I would like to have a fighting game lobby night regularly happen and even rotate between games.
We've been trying to get Thursday night game sessions to take place. With our Fearless Leader's approval, we could probably turn that into PSN Fight Nights.

Not everyone has the same games, but those of us posting about them right now at least have SCIV and Tekken 6 in common. Would be nice to expand beyond that (personally, I favor 2D fighters*), but getting something regular going would be a great start, I think.

*Exception: I would go to great lengths to have a console version of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (with good netcode) happen.

Last edited:
We've been trying to get Thursday night game sessions to take place. With our Fearless Leader's approval, we could probably turn that into PSN Fight Nights.
PlayStation Fight Club, perhaps?

I'd love to play some SCIV online with you guys. Just watch for me on PSN and send me a message if you're up for a match or three. I'm not that great at SCIV, but I <3 playing as Xianghua and Talim (and even sometimes Taki).

PlayStation Fight Club, perhaps?
Thought about that, but then we couldn't talk about it. >.>

I'd love to play some SCIV online with you guys. Just watch for me on PSN and send me a message if you're up for a match or three. I'm not that great at SCIV, but I <3 playing as Xianghua and Talim (and even sometimes Taki).
I'll keep my eyes open for you. Still gotta get some Tekken 6 in, too.

Also, <3 Taki. She's on the more favored end of the spectrum for me. Xianghua ticks me off because of how tricky she is to fight against. HIGH, LOW, HIGH, KICK, GRAB! She's everywhere, and I'm not good enough to keep up. :( Really cool character but maddening as an opponent. :p

You just gained added favor. I adore SNK. King of Fighters XI was the first fighting game I took seriously, and the KoF series is probably my overall favorite series.
Well, you know, my avatar is Gato from MOTW and the later KOFs. I am actually not good with him, but I really like his character design and personality.
Kendrik said:
Not everyone has the same games, but those of us posting about them right now at least have SCIV and Tekken 6 in common. Would be nice to expand beyond that (personally, I favor 2D fighters*), but getting something regular going would be a great start, I think.
I favor 2D fighters as well, but I like 3D fighters a lot. SCIV and Tekken 6 would be a good start since they are pad friendly fighters. It will help bring Tek and others in the fold.
Kendrik said:
*Exception: I would go to great lengths to have a console version of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (with good netcode) happen.
Same here.

Well, you know, my avatar is Gato from MOTW and the later KOFs. I am actually not good with him, but I really like his character design and personality.
KoF team (prior to XII... which made me cry with its seriously reduced roster): Juri, Kyo, Mai.

Yeah, XII's roster definitely made me sad. Can't wait for XIII, though.

I favor 2D fighters as well, but I like 3D fighters a lot. SCIV and Tekken 6 would be a good start since they are pad friendly fighters. It will help bring Tek and others in the fold.
True. I've got another friend who will probably be joining ToJ really soon. We've been playing a bit of MvC2 lately. Not sure if he has other fighting games at the moment, but he'd be one more to add to the list.

Keero said:
ya u r lulz

Thursday night is my game night with Tekkie.... /cry
Just kidding, I'll share him. =)
Also, I never call him Tekkie.

Thursday night is my game night with Tekkie.... /cry
You know the order, gentlemen (and ladies): God > wife > *

Also, I never call him Tekkie.
That would be rather silly if you did.

Then you won't mind if I do.

Ain't that right, Tekkie? :p
/shrug

Doesn't bother me. A few of the Battle of Dylar IV writers called me Tekkie way back when, so it's fine. It does sound a bit weird coming from a guy, though.

Back