SpartanUI - interface replacement mod ...

Allanon

I was getting tired of my interface so I thought I would play with a good simple but slick interface. I found this mod, you can snag it from Curse or WowInterface but I snagged it from their code.google.com site (http://code.google.com/p/spartanui/downloads/list)

It is designed for wide screen. Here is a screenshot from my rogue - Rueage's perspective.

One quick comment, no configuration was done. I didn't edit files, config bars, blah blah blah. I installed it and used it. I did move a few buttons around as the bars are not a line of icons anymore. They use BarTender but it too is configured within the package.

My big question is how do raid bars show up? I like the look of your setup, but if I have to do anything in a raid, my current setup takes up way too much real estate...so I'm in the market.

Because I move around to so many different computers, I've resisted using a dedicated look'n'feel replacement for my UI — believe it or not I'm using the Blizzard default (with some concessions to an addon here and there). I've had PitBull and X-Perl implode in so many different ways during raids. :S

However, if this doesn't require much in the way of configuration I may just have to plop it in and try it. Looks very clean...

I might give this a shot too. As long as it has something for totem management, and I can still put grid somewhere, it might help me clean up a lot.

One reminder. This is for a large widescreen. It did not give me enough real estate for my chat box on a 1440x900 19" screen.

It does look good though.

on my 1920x1080, there is plenty of room but I do think you'll need 1680x1050 at minimum unless you want your chat boxes elsewhere.

I had to put my chat box elsewhere, even with my widescreen. But the clean feel of the whole thing was worth it. Besides, I run grid, damage meters, and a host of other mods that I was able to put where the chat boxes were on Allanon's screen (instead of having it floating around in the free space.

Can I ask how you move the chat box around? I am still running off of integrated video until I get my video card (don't even ask about my video resolution settings). Also I couldn't figure out how to change my hotkeys between the first and second rows as I actually need to swap the two of them; just haven't bothered making the first set into my useable.

On my 23" screen I had to move the chat box out of the area where Allanon's is, but I moved Omen down to the left side and Recount to the right side, so all's good. :) I don't even want to think how it's going to look on the Macbook after I install it there...

Overall, though, I'd say it's a fantastic UI. As long as it works, it's going to stay a whie.

To move your chat box, make sure that your Interface options don't have Simple chat enabled. Then, right-click (ctrl-click for Mac users) the General tab of your chat window and select Unlock Window. Move the window to where you want and then right-click to lock it in place (if you choose to do so).

Remember you can go into your video settings and adjust the UI scale, lowering it makes the ui smaller and can create a lot more room for chat etc, however since everything is smaller it may be to small, its a slider so you can play with it to see what works for you :)

I tried it and liked it, my chat fits, one thing i did though is i really like Dominos so i disabled Bartender, adjusted to have my Dominos fit the same way and then also adjusted it so they appear on the "pop up" bars when mouse over, so it works just like bartender did.

Sexy map works perfect for the middle as well :)

Hmmm....gave it a try and may have to do so again. My prob - I needed more buttons for what I like readily available. Also, my uh/frost dk dps secondary spec requires three different rotations which I like to place in order. Two for dps and one for pvp.

Back