Spec's Mess: A guild progression raid

[7F]LarryBoy

This thread is for information related to the 10 man guild raid I am leading.

When: Thurs/Sat evenings 8-11pm MST

Who: Speculaas, Kemikalrx, Ruinblade, Esua, Valkridie, Meeno, Cardol, Clearn, Wend, Terilan.

Required mods/software: Deadly Boss Mods or similar. For loot I'm hoping that we can get away with just using Group Loot (Need main spec, Greed offspec) and some common courtesy, being all in the same guild and everything. If we must enforce some rules, then we will probably end up using the EPGP Lootmaster mod.

Teamspeak. You must at least be logged into Teamspeak so that you can hear instructions. I'm not going to type out everything, and it's much faster to communicate during encounters that way.

Expectations: Most of this is pretty basic, but I'll put it down anyway:

- Remember the fights. After we go over a boss, I'm not planning to explain it again. Lots of time is lost in raids describing a fight over and over every week, and I'm not going to do it. There are lots of websites with guides and videos if you need to brush up. http://www.wowhead.com/ and http://tankspot.com/ come to mind immediately.

- Come prepared. Have your gear properly gemmed and enchanted with the optimal gems and enchants. Likewise, bring flasks, food buffs, and potions. Get the good stuff, we're going to need it.

- Be ready to stay the full raid time, and be ready to wipe a lot. These encounters look pretty challenging, and we're going to wipe over and over and over until we get it down.

Absences: If you know you're not going to be able to make a raid, please let me or someone else in the raid know as early as possible. This gives me as much time as possible to find a replacement for that night. Don't leave me waiting for you to log in. Send me an in-game mail, email, text, forum PM, etc. If you need contact information for me, just ask.

Last edited:
My vote is Omnitron... with one of the bosses helping with mana regen if tanked right this is a tanking/watch where you are standing boss. That being said, I have great faith in our healers and tanks, therefore it should be a little easier. From what I read about Magmaw, is he's a gear check boss. Making sure you are ready to raid. that kinda thing.

I've already told you that I won't be able to run with you guys (sadly) because of work, but I did want to mention that I may be available some Saturday nights to fill in if needed. I get off work by at least 8 p.m. central time, and often earlier than that. I don't think that fits exactly with your times, but if I'm on and you need someone, feel free to let me know.

well our raids start at 9 central so you should be fine as a filler on saturdays, however, we need you on both days, so just tell work that you have to work the mornings on thursdays and saturdays, kthanksbye.

So after last week, I have been thinking about what/how we should handle this whole thing with the Golem's. After watching the videos that John just posted and reading more and more on this fight I've come to a few conclusions.

1.) The Tanks are moving their target's WAY to much. With the amount of AoE we have seen in cata so far it's only fitting that everything should take damage. If we are moving the bosses all over we run out of room for the dps and more importantly the healers to stand and cast. I do realize that they need to be moved, but only a couple yards at a time, not all over the room.

2.) ALL boss fights are reading as a survival fight more-so than a dps race. This means that it's more important to keep yourself alive and not take damage to: Save your healers mana and gc's, and to keep your dps up!!! (you do 0 dps if you are dead) While yes some bosses have enrage timers I feel as though we are doing our job if that's what wipes us rather than something we should and could have avoided.

I look forward to running this week again with you!!!! I hope you guys have a great thursday off!!!

Omnitron Council defeated last night! Great job guys! Special thanks to Rich for filling in an empty spot on Shamtusha.

Just a quick reminder to max out your First Aid and get a stash of Health Pots. On "survival" fights, helping conserve healer mana is a must.

Guys, I have come down with a horrible, horrible head cold. Sorry for the short notice on this, but I really don't think I'm going to be able to lead tonight - I will probably be sleeping.

Hope you feel better!!! we did kill the trons for you... cause we know how much you wanted them dead... ps. we also pwned BH

Adam and I are at a guess who's coming to dinner event our church has every year...not sure exactly when dinner will end but we will try to make it tonight.

so I still have a fever and get really dizzy if I sit up for longer than 25ish minutes at a time... so I'm going to say count me out for tonight.... sorry =(

so are we running tonight (feb 12) I think Steve said he;s missing as is Ben..is Alan around?

I would like to know as well. Still not feeling well, but I will be there if we are running.

Hey guys, sorry for the short notice on this: Xinny is pretty exhausted today (we had a busy day) and so I'm going to be spending a fair amount of time with the kids this evening.

Unfortunately as we get closer to the baby's due date, I think it's going to be harder and harder for me to make raids.

Hey Folks,
due to work scheduling over the next 2 weeks i will not be able to commit to the raid Thursday Feb 17 or Thursday Feb 24th, :( I will however still be able to be there for the Saturday nights.

i will be online but likely logged in from work and could get called away at any moment, :eek: would not be fair to the group to drop midway through.. i may still be on team speak to hear the play by play.

cheers.

I am in the final two weeks of my last coursework for my MBA with a DOOSEY of an assigment. I will need to free up my evenings to see this work get done. My apologies but starting in March, I will be free!

Back