Spontainious or prepared

cc.slim

It has come to my attention this year that My home is to be the place for Christmas cheer.Now as the head of the household and also the spiritual leader I get to bless the meal and the gathering...Freaked wOOt hahahaha yep alot of old school are to attend and me as a tard does stumble at times... So hears my dilemma I normally lead the family in prayer without a second thought straight from the heart but to lead in prayer many ppl and being Christs birthday I feel like I will stumble..So pardon me for asking but in your eyes is it wrong to somewhat structure a prayer so that maybe I will key on certain points relevant..>>

I've done it before, structured part of a prayer in my mind before praying for somebody..I don't think it's terribly wrong, but I also think that if you let him speak through you, he will.

Don't worry about stumbling, when I pray outloud I stumble over my words quite often!

Me too... When I was "volunteered" *cough* forced *cough* to pray in front of my youth group... Well, my brain said "Yikes!" because I'm not good in front of a bunch of people.

So here's how it went:

"*clears throat* Dear Heavenly Father... thank you for the whoooole bunch of of snow thats... snowing right now. I thank you for this beautiful day and... the Christmas season in which we... celebrate Your Son's birth... and the lack of school that comes with it. Uh... thanks VERY much for the Christmas break from school..."

(every time there's a "...", that's where I kinda paused for a few seconds or stumbled. It didn't help that there were to giggly girls six feet away. Yep, every stumbling point I'd hear some chuckling/giggling and my face would turn red and they'd giggle some more and WHY DO GIRLS HAVE TO DO THAT?!?! Oh well, I like 'em anyway :p )

Anywho, just try to pray how you'd pray by yourself, I guess. It works for me! (of course I forgot to do that at youth group :p)

Honestly I do not do a lot of praying out loud but when I am able to write the newsletter etc everyone tends to get the second draft. Why???? because I usually sit down with pen and paper and just let it write itself......definitely from God..... then when I type it up I work on the grammar and how it comes from my heart and such. My pastor memorizes his sermons each week. It's nice not to have someone reading to you but actually be able to preach that way. You could make a rough draft so to speak or at least a list of what you want to pray/praise/thank God for so that when it comes time to speak your prayer you'll feel more comfortable.

Blessings,"Angel"

Back