I thought I would take the time to recommend this excellent mod http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html for Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's a collection of the best mods for it and improves 90% of the experience while the remaining 10% may be up to taste. The mod includes additions selected for improving the experience not changing the gameplay/story (nightvision that actually works and a teleport system FTW). I would not play the game without the mod but be aware... 1. The better graphics may tax your system (I noticed no performance difference but mine already hanged without the mod because of the flawed hard drive loading system Stalker has). 2. You may have to start a new game as the mod may not read any game files made without the mod. But wait there is more! If you would like to play Stalker with greatly reduced inappropriate language I edited it out of the game text (well what I could find). Of course all audio cussing will remain :/ . Instructions for language removal: 1. Completely install the stalker complete mod first. My mod was made to work with it. 2. Find the eng folder within the mod folders. The folder path should be something similar to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\text\eng . Make a back up copy of it in case my mod fails. 3. Download one of these for my mod... Zip version http://www.agapegraphics.com/eng.zip or 7z version http://www.agapegraphics.com/eng.7z 4. Extract my eng folder from the compressed file and copy it over Stalker complete's eng folder overwriting it's contents with mine. If you cannot extract the folder from the .7z install http://www.7-zip.org/ or just use the zip version. The files within are the same. Note: There is a LOT of cussing in the regular version of Stalker so this greatly improved the experience for me. Also I tested this on Stalker Complete 2009 version 1.4.1. They have since released newer versions of the mod which may cause my mod not to work. If it fails with my mod just re-copy the original eng folder backup over it to put it back to normal.