Suggestions for Christmas themed maps?

I don't think there are many Christmas maps that I've played on. I think theres one called either fy_ or de_christmastree.

A friend of mine just finished compiling his Christmas map pack that he does every year. Most of them are Nipper's I believe, but a lot of them are really nice and great fun year-round. The maps in the pack are as follows:

aim_christmasday
cs_assault_christmas
cs_coldmansion
cs_snowflake
cs_whitexmas
cs_winternights
cs_xmas_assault
cs_xmas_hr
de_christmas
de_christmas_tree
de_xmasdust
de_XMASmansion
xmas_crazytank
xmas_lodge
xmas_nipperhouse
x-mas_tree

I'm quite fond of de_christmas, it's a terrorist assault on Santa's workshop, and cs_winternights. I'll get the pack uploaded somewhere in case anyone wants it, however a few of the maps have been customized music wise by myself and my buddy that did the pack, so certain files might need to be replaced depending on the server.

Excellent map list. Check out the pictures though, because I think there may be some that are less than desirable in there....although I could be wrong too (played too many Christmas maps recently)

Oops, posted the link in the wrong thread, it's here.

Yeah a couple of them I could do without, but most are fun. The dust and assaults at least give a fresh take on old maps, make them a little easier to play. Crazytank is just plain silly CS fun to me. My favorite two are definitely de_christmas and cs_winternights by far though.

I have permission from the CS Server Operator to upload the Christmas map pack that blackgravity linked, and I'm uploading those files to the ToJ CS 1.6 server now!

After the maps are uploaded, it's up to Pilgrim, Phantom, and SirThom to decide on a map rotation.

cs_snowflake caused a crash for my buddy, but that may have been his error loading the maps onto his server and not a map problem itself, you can always try and if there's an issue I'll get the fix from him by tomorrow morning hopefully.

UPDATE: The Christian map pack blackgravity linked has been uploaded to the ToJ CS 1.6 server. Download it here and watch for a new map rotation on the server in the next 24-48 hours.

I vote we keep the maps on the server until New Year's Day, for those of us who didn't get much game time in before Christmas Day.

All the X-mas maps are working properly, though, could anyone check the music for de_XMASmansion? Its a rap Christmas song but it almost sounds like the rapper is swearing.

Back