Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
In my alarm I had said,
"I am cut off from Your sight."
But You heard the sound of my pleading
when I cried to You for help.
Psalm 31:22, HCSB

I can't speak for others, but I know that I have, at times, been at a point in my life where I felt abandoned by God. Like the psalmist, I thought I had been "cut off" from His sight.

The psalmist was honest, even in his suffering, and he didn't erase his prior doubt from his memory. Instead, he used that doubt, now relieved, as cause to praise the Lord.

Whether we are in a season of life where God feels distant or whether we can look back on our doubt and see our errors, this verse speaks to us in very different times.

One of the more interesting points in my last class was that even when complaining to God, about God, you are recognizing Him as the only one that can fulfill your needs... and it's still an act of worship.

Historically, regional kings were much the same way - they would hear the complaints against the kingdom to make restitution. Even though we, in modern western culture, take complaints against us as a harsh criticism, that's not how it was perceived in the "old days" and certainly now how God looks at it. Psalms and Job are perfect examples of this.

Back