Sunsoaked Equipment/Mithril Coin Pool - Rule Discussion

Zandaris

NOTE: This discussion will be open for 3 days. Discussion will be closed midnight Wednesday May 11th and on Thursday May 12th the rules will be set and members will be able to join the pool.

I will be starting a Sunsoaked Equipment/Mithril Coin Pool. The purpose of this pool is to help legion members obtain armor and weapons necessary to level and participate in end game dungeons.

How the Pool Works

Members who join the pool will have their armor evaluated. The evaluation will rank members equipment based on a formula. Then members equipment will be stacked ranked against all other members equipment. The mithril coins will then be used to upgrade those items lowest in the stack rank first with the eventual end goal of having everyone in full Sunsoaked equipment.

How the Equipment Ranking System will Work

Armor will be ranked on a formula.

Item Level + Rarity Modifier + Item Modifier + Enchantment + Main/Alt Modifier = Item Rank

Rarity Modifiers
  • Superior (Green) = 0
  • Heroic (Blue) = 5
  • Fabled (Gold) = 10

Item Modifiers
  • Armor = 0
  • Shield = 5
  • Weapon = 10

Main/Alt Modifiers
  • Main = 0
  • Alt = 25

Here are a couple of examples.

Let's look at Sidonia's Corrupt Judge's Hauberk. Level 38 Heroic Rarity with no enchantments. Sidonia is a main character so that's 38+5+0+0+0=43 Her chest piece would be ranked 43.

Now let's look at my +10 Elite Guardian Centurion's Tunic It's Level 40, Fabled Rarity and +10 enchanted. Zandaris is a main character so that's 40+10+0+10+0=60 My chest piece would be ranked 60

Now let's look at my +10 Spellbook of Elite Rank 3 Elyos Soldier It's level 46, Heroic Rarity, and +10 enchanted. Since it's a weapon it will have the +10 item modifier. Zandaris is a main character so that's 46+5+10+10+0=71 My weapon would be ranked 71

Once the equipment is ranked in this faction it will be stacked ranked against all other members.

Coin Distribution

Coins will be distributed once the pools mirthril coin count reaches the number necessary to replace the lowest item in the stack rank.

For example if the lowest item is a set of pants. Pants require 270 mithril coins. Once the pool reaches 270, the coins will be paid out.

In the event of a tie in stack ranked items, the tie will be broken first by the equipment's mithril coin cost and second by the member who contributed most to the pool for that period of pool accumulation.

For example let's assume Sidonia, Aleron and Abar all had items ranked 45. Sidonia's item is pants, Aleron's item is chest and Abar's item is gloves. Since the gloves cost the least amount of mithril coins Abar would be updated first.

If in the example above if they all needed gloves updated or items that cost the same amount of mithril coins then whoever contributed the most mithril coins in since the last payout would receive the coins.

Membership Requirements

I want to make this as fair as possible to all members. Please consider some members have less time to work on the quests than others. As such some members will contribute much more than others. Consider it a joy to help those members who would otherwise not be able to achieve this armor in a timely fashion.

Now having said that I feel there are some rules we need to establish to make sure the coins are being fairly distributed. A Member should not expect to join the pool, contribute nothing and receive the benefits of the pool. Those who do not labor in Yahweh's Kingdom do not receive any reward in heaven. So here are the rules I have come up with so far.

• Membership is on a character by character basis. (This means only the characters in the pool are expected to contribute and receive distributions from the pool.)
  • Members of the pool are expected to contribute to the pool ALL mithril coins obtained. (This means no keeping some coins for yourself and giving others to the pool. It also means coins from all sources to include campaign quests.)
  • Members are allowed to keep all mithril coins in their possession before joining and do whatever they desire with those coins.
  • Members will be expected to contribute a minimum of 40 mithril coins a week to be considered for the next weeks payouts.
  • Members are required to use coin distributions on the character in the pool and expected to be wearing the equipment within 48 hours of receiving a coin distribution. Failing to do so could result in immediate removal from the pool and forfeiture of all contributions. (This rule will be strictly enforced since failing to use the distributions for there intended purpose hurts all members of the pool.)
  • Members are highly encouraged to help other members with their mithril coin quests.
  • Members are encouraged to contribute coins to the pool on a day by day basis since the payouts will occur as soon as the pool reaches the necessary payout amount.
  • Members pool contributions will be recorded on a day by day basis and weekly contribution and distribution amounts will be posted for both accountability and encouragement.
  • While any officer will be able to accept coin contribution, it is encouraged to give contributions to Zandaris, Sidonia, Abar and Aleron. This will help simplify record keeping. (Officers will note the character's name and the amount given.)
  • Zandaris will administer the pool by collecting (from members and officers), distributing and keeping record of all mithril coins in the pool until the point that a) There are no more members in the pool, b) He hands the duties over to another officer who agrees to administer the pool, c) He is deemed unworthy due to failure to administer the pool by the rules listed herein.
  • At the time of dissolution of the pool, all remaining coins will be handed over to the legion to be used however the legions deems fit.

Please list any changes or recommendations you would like to see. If you think the current pool rules are adequate, please state that as well.

Thank You,
Zandaris

Last edited:
i was told that running udas was a quick way to gear up which can be done at 51 also you can get the ing armor quest at 53 or 54
you have to kind of compare stats see which gives the most for your build
rather it be a block or parry etc.

i would it mine doing this but i dont think i can match the 40 coins
my temp woould require the least cause all i would need on him is shield
chanter would need the most still using 30 davea set
so i would just use the combine coins from my 2 50's for 1 then swamp over also i can be on tuesday from 6-8pm est time if anyone would like to group up for the coin quest
i dont know it the eylos side has it but there should be a quest at the forts to get plat medals what level it is don't know
so let me know what you think

I've been doing a "test run" on the coins. Monday morning and Monday night, I did only 2 coin quests, "For the Scholars" and "What’s up, Brohum?" and lets say those are the only 2 quests that I could do AND if I didn't feel like getting ganked by Asmos, how many could I get? Doing both of those quests, twice in one day, I received a total of 16 coins, took me only about 30minutes to do both.

I didn't do the quests on Sunday, so Monday morning I logged in before 11am CST since the clock restarts at 9am Pacific, and did them again when my kids went to bed that night. As I discussed with Shawn and unless otherwise stated a week timespan for me is 7 days and not 5.

Could be a good opportunity for those that can put in the 40 coins per week.

My resoning behind the number was this: There are 3 solo quest. On average you get 5 coins per quest. Doing 2 of those per day for 4 days would yield 40 coins.

If a person only has 1 day to play any substantial time, then group up and do the solos as well as the group quests. Doing them all shield yield about 45 coins.

If you have some suggestions on better amount please put forth your suggestion.

so is this just about the coins or other ways to gear up

This pool is only for coins.

i was told that running udas was a quick way to gear up which can be done at 51 also you can get the ing armor quest at 53 or 54 you have to kind of compare stats see which gives the most for your build rather it be a block or parry etc.

I'm certainly in favor of running Udas and getting that gear as well. It would certainly help people gear up quicker if we are doing both.

From what I've read of Ing Armor, it's a repeatable quest, you have to complete it 30 times just to get 1 piece of armor, you have to get 20 to 30 of the quest items and they don't always drop from the mobs. Sounds like a very boring grind to me. In addition, the mobs are in areas asmo frequently visit.

Just for the sake of clarity, if you add up the four quests that are mentioned in the coin thread, and only count one guaranteed coin coming out of the coin chest, you will get 11 coins per day.
Like Shawn said that would only have to be ran four days to fulfill the quota.
If you have enough time to devote to doing the daily coin quests, and you need the equipment, I agree that it's a good opportunity.

I decided to spend most of the kinah I've earned selling potions and scrolls and buy the coins needed to get all the sunsoaked armor and the shield. It'll take me longer to get the mace.

I did this so I can devote all the coins I earn from the dailies towards the pool and help out some folks. I hope everybody that is 50+ will participate. It will be a much quicker way to get the Sunsoaked than if you try to grind it yourself. As has been mentioned, just doing two of the dailies four times per week should get you 40 coins.

This is to just put down that we will be adding a level limit of 51 to the pool.

It was discussed that there is one mithril coin quest at 50; however, this would not be enough to reach the 40 a week limit. In addition, a level 50 character cannot wear the armor until 51. So with out changing quite a few rules to accommodate level 50 members, it was decided to set membership level to 51.

Last edited:
This discussion is closed. Please sign-up under the pool sign up thread.

If there are any issues that need to be address they may be posted here or in any of the posts that involve the pool.

Thank you all for your input and support!

-Zandaris

Back