Superhero mod / Wc3 mod

SuN

Just as a suggestion:

Maybe it would be interesting to put another mod on the server, to "spice things up" a little bit, and break the routine!

The newest mod I've been playing is the "superhero mod" from amx. It's pretty cool: you don't really have to work that hard to gain exp., and you can choose up to four heros.

For those who never played it before, superhero mod gives you the ability to incorporate some super powers from heros you choose. There are many heros you can choose from, but to name some, there are: Spiderman, Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, Agent Smith (Matrix), Green Arrow, Colossus, NightCrawler, etc. etc.

The powers:
There are two types of power: the automatic ones (you don't need to press anything to activate them), and the ones you need to press your key binds to activate them.

Spiderman shoots web hooks and you can dangle around.
Beast gives you 175hp, 200armor, fast speed and low grav;
Cyclops shoots laser beams from eyes;
Wolverine autoheals, and adds damage to knife;
Agent Smith save coordinates and teleports;
Green Arrow shoots an 1-shot kill (looks like slay explosion);
Colossus gives you god mode for 5 seconds at a time;
NightCrawler gives you no_clip for 5 seconds (you can walk thru walls and stuff).

So, it's kinda weird to pick up, but once you get the groove going, it's pretty fun and interesting. The rounds don't last long, since everyone runs around in a melee fighting style. I like it.

Hope we can do something to our server, and stir up the population! God bless.

that sounds fun... any stat monkey no how much ping on avg that would add up to be? i would like to see that though ^_^

Sun's got a good point. It'd rather be better then having an empty server that is made up from hard work
wow.gif

I personally think WC3 mod is a good idea, I don't play on that mod a lot, but it is fun.

-I really enjoy the mod myself, but from what I understand, it would be a lot of work to switch back and forth from normal cs to wc3 and vise versa.

Maybe we should add some custom/fun maps? *cough*
sorry that slipped scold me if you must...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joelius @ Aug. 22 2003,6:57)]-I really enjoy the mod myself, but from what I understand, it would be a lot of work to switch back and forth from normal cs to wc3 and vise versa.
It's actually not that hard...the readme says all you have to do is type in one command to activate it.

*rummages through forums to find his ancient post about adding WarCraft 3 mod to server 2 or 3 months ago*

Wc3 mod is nice, the superhero one i have yet ot hear anything good about from people i talked to about it. its really bugg and unbalanced

I've been playing superhero mod every since cTs put on their server. I'm yet to see problems with bugs.

As for wc3 mod, I played it for quite a while also on cTs' server, and save for fy_iceworld, no other maps that I've played on gave problems.

About being hard to switch back and forth, although I have not personally looked into the instructions myself, I hear the same Tasty mentioned: you can disable/enable the wc3mod with a simple command. cTs use their superhero server for practices, and from what I hear senior members say, all they need to do is put in the command for the server to become regular CS. After the practice session, they switch it back to superhero mod.

I'm all for switching the main administration mod over to amx mod and adding on WC3 AND Superhero, as I believe that they would be able to function side by side (as long as you don't activate them both at the same time you should be fine). Admin mod is kind of dull when you look at amx mod.

hehe...we should experiment with running wc3 and superhero mod at the SAME TIME!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!

mm the possibilities...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Que Pasa @ Aug. 26 2003,1:12)]Admin mod is kind of dull when you look at amx mod.
/me trots off to remove Admin Mod from his secondary computer and try out AMX Mod...

Back