Sven Co-Op

Que Pasa

Got some action going down tonight at 69.13.118.21:27017. If I'm not there, hop in IRC an pester me. Tasty should be joining me later tonight. So come and enjoy one of the great yet lesser known mods.

http://www.svencoop.com

Ah, the wonderful Sven Co-op. The finest cooperative gameplay since I played Doom 2 with Elihu over a null modem cable back in the day.

Everyone with Half-Life and Steam installed should download and install this mod, if only to see the wonderful humor that is weapon juggling. You must see it to believe it. ^_^

Just point the installer to /steamapps/your@email/half-life/ or something like that. There's a half life folder laying around in there somewhere. Sven 3.0 does everything right.

Downloading Svencoop now and a 75 meg map pack for it too. Hopefully can catch one of you guys online soon.

w00t! I'll keep an eye out for any ToJ members playing Sven Co-op this week and be sure to hop in a server, if time allows.
biggrin.gif

I got it installed and working. Just need to meet up with some people to figure out how to play it. The help files were kind of lacking in that respect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Plankeye @ Jan. 12 2004,11:06)]Just need to meet up with some people to figure out how to play it.
I'd definitely be up for helping you learn the game, though the basics are the same as Half-Life single player: grab guns, grab ammo, and kill stuff.

It's best to start by binding keys to commands specific to Sven Co-op like calling for a medic, warning other players to take cover, and using your sixth weapon slot. And, of course, there's the ever-popular drop weapon key that will allow you to "juggle" weapons. Quite a sight to be seen, juggling is.

Back