Swear Filter

Kaiine

Don't know if you guys have noticed, but the swear filter is on and working.

You won't see it on the chat line, however if someone uses profanity or a word from the list then the chat line does not appear, and a private message appears to that user stating that swearing is not allowed.

Test it out if you'd like...but I'm not encouraging you to curse! This should make it a little easier on our server admins.

gl hf!

Maybe we could add a random string of characters to the swear filter so people could test it? Something like hujikolp?

Awesome! though can't u do that special way like The Daggers where if u hav a profanity in the sentence, it changes the whole thing into something likle ADMIN I WANT TO BE PUNISHED FOR THIS FOUL MOUTH! or somethin liek that.

Yes, we could do that however there is enough chat/text going by that it's hard to keep up with. It's a simple plug-in...

Of course, if the majority of you want it then I can put it on.

I'd rather have it just give them a warning personally. Knowing the CS community, they'll probably start spamming cuss words just so it would say something else to everyone. Saying nothing works and it won't provoke them to cuss anymore, b/c then people don't know they even said anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Dec. 22 2003,6:06)]Maybe we could add a random string of characters to the swear filter so people could test it? Something like hujikolp?
"random string"....sheesh...

tek has a potty mouth....

cool.gif

hujikolp is not that random. I do believe it is a Hungarian word. For what, I don't know. I ain't Hungarian.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Dec. 22 2003,5:01)]hujikolp is not that random.  I do believe it is a Hungarian word.  For what, I don't know.  I ain't Hungarian.
Actually, I just started at the H key and zigzagged my way across the keyboard to the P key. H -> U -> J -> I ... Well, you get the idea.

If it is a word for something, that would be truly bizarre. o_O

Have you guys seen the swear filter that puts up a sentence when people swear? that was always my favorite.

"soandso has a potty mouth"

"hey admin look at me, I need to be kicked"

etc....you get the idea.
smile.gif

Cory

Now that the swear filter is up and running, players are getting creative with cursing...how pathetic!

sad.gif

Ever seen the Tremors films? I think it'd be highly amusing if any time someone cursed one of those buggers popped out of the ground and swallowed the guy...

Hahaha gg Chuck. I remember I was in a server onetime and I tked a guy for blocking me then taking my kill and I burned up on the spot. That was pretty cool.

I agree with Goose. The filter leaves people to just get creative, and you can't see anything the person said if they include a "bad" word. If you can see them do it, you can kick/ban them. The "soandso has a potty mouth" would be an effective way of doing so. People will just start swearing over the microphone eventually anyway. Had it happen last night with no admins there. All the admins get on at the same time then leave at the same time...

there could be pluggins that if you swear to much you get slapped or even slayin. ( it was on a Wc3 pluggin LOL and it only happened when shooting Hostis, but same concept i think i could be wrong)

Back