The Must-See movie of the year

Wirl

on to something new...
thechroniclesofnarnia_bigearly.jpg

I've been waiting almost 2 years to see it, ever since I heard they were thinking about making the movie.
I thnk its going to be the next Lord of the Rings.

I'm all for it, as long as they remain true to the original source material. After all, it is much more blatant that it's based on Christian theology then LoTR

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Only 67 more days till the movie premiers.........

I went and saw the movie Serinity on Friday night..... Its the second must see movie of the year!

However, The first preview for NARNIA was there......... It gave me chills to watch it..... You wanna see it?

Here is the link.

http://movies.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/chronicles_of_narnia_movie

I recommend that you watch the X-large trailer. SOOOOOOOOOO much better.... hehe. Enjoy! And help me count down the days.....

One phrase that TRUE Narnia followers know. "TO NARNIA AND THE NORTH!!!"

Meh I want to see Sin City, way awesomer movie.

And I can't really stand another Lotr movie, <removed by mod for inapproriate language>

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaman,
The opinion was appreciated,

but the comment was not. It was not needed, and I'd personally appreciate that those are left out.
Thanks and God Bless!!!
PW

Last edited:
Yes Shaman, Please watch your language here. We wish to avoid the very appearance of swearing. Even though you added the *** THe word was still there. PLease be more careful in the future. Much appreciated.

I must be living in a cave because I have not heard anything about it, but I must admit, the poster looks incredible. Maybe Sui and I will go on a date to the movies...Any Babysitters available LOL

Narnia is a great series of books. If you've never read them, I suggest it, and if you have kids, they're a great read for them as well.

Genesis1315 said:
I must be living in a cave because I have not heard anything about it, but I must admit, the poster looks incredible. Maybe Sui and I will go on a date to the movies...Any Babysitters available LOL

Babysitters..... yes. Where are they? :D lol. Sounds like date night to me.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the Radio theatre version put out by Focus on the Family (it ended just this past August). There was also a television version put out by the BBC in the late eighties, and being a lowly yankee, missed out on that as well ;)

The public library should have at least one set (juvenile fiction if memory serves), or you could get them at the bookstore for around 5-10 a book (there's 7 all told). While there, you may also wish to check out "A Wrinkle in Time" Not quite as overtly Christian in its theology as Narnia, but it's more apparent than in LoTR. If you didn't live a little over 20 hours away I'd loan you my copy.

A nice Narnia hardcover set was my Father's day gift this year. quite enjoyable :)

hehe. * Pulls out First Collier Edition boxed set and the entire radio version on CD PLUS the original 4 movies from the 80's* MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA Narnia........ I have them all!!! hehe. If I can figure out a way to share the cd's via the internet. I shall..... Already have Book #1 ripped to the computer cause I don't like using the originals. So then, Lets start the bidding at say? FREE?!! hehe. yeah, you got a question about the books, movies or Focus on the family audio? Let me know, I just may have the anwser. *Whispers* Aslan is on the move.

Okay, Okay, I must confess, While I did see the first of the LotR movies, and did enjoy it, I did not see the amount of Christian themes in there that everyone profesed.

I may look into purchasing one of the books on CD to hear how it sounds. With an hour commute to work, listening is easier than reading more nights than not.

Eskimo, I think copywrite laws may prevent your scheme from working, but kudos for the thought.

I went to the site to watch the trailer and ACK!!!! I don't have the software installed to be able to see it LOL. I did note that it was done by Disney. Any thoughts on that? Disney has been known to take liberties in telling a story.

The Christian themes in LoTR are very subtle.

Such things as:
  • The addictive nature of evil (Bilbo wanted the ring)
  • The requirements that we must stand up for good, even when we are at our worst (Sam/Frodo's journey to Mordor and Frodo's despair enroute)
  • The dual forces of Good and Evil
  • Evil being a cast out, fallen created being (Sauran was created by Eru)
  • The ultimate triumph of good over evil
Like I said, the theological background of LoTR is not nearly as evident as in Narnia or A Wrinkle in Time. That probably has to do with who the books were aimed at.

Back