"This is what pain looks like" or "Right place, wrong time"

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Good news: I found Humar the Pridelord on my first trip out to Ratchet with my Night Elf Hunter on Madoran.

Bad news: I was level 19 at the time.

It still makes me cringe to look at that screenshot.

I've since leveled to 24 but haven't found him since.

This is the same tameable mob that I camped out to tame and never found when I played as Ulfbrikt two years ago.

Last edited:
Haha. It will forever evade you!

I think though that Blizz made all the mobs in the game attack with the same speed and maybe even DPS...

Either way I know people don't hunt down special animals anymore other than for looks... kinda like a certain DonFlamingo I know of...

Yeah Elites and rares don't do extra damage anymore. They are merely a preference of look and color.

Yeah Elites and rares don't do extra damage anymore. They are merely a preference of look and color.
And that's enough for me. :D

I am pleased to announce that I tamed Humar the Pridelord last night (this morning?) at approximately 2 a.m. Central. I was up late planning a trip anyway, so I decided to log back in, quickly fly from Astraanar to Ratchet, and check Humar's spawn--and there he was!

I threw on Aspect of the Monkey, got just inside range for Tame Beast, and started the taming. I had a sliver of health left when I finished, but I survived! I think those awesome pieces of gear I picked up in Blackfathom Depths helped. I'm still somewhat surprised I survived the encounter, given that Humar is a level 23 Elite, my character is a level 24 Hunter, and I didn't have any buffs (besides Aspect of the Monkey) on.

(In hindsight, I should have set a Freezing Trap, but in the excitement of the moment, I completely forgot. I also forgot to take a screenshot of the taming process, but I feel less embarrassed about that since taking a screenshot sometimes causes a tiny bit of lag and that might have been enough to get me killed.)

In keeping with general Internet policy, here's proof I did indeed tame Humar:

I have 3 stable slots (the holding slot and 2 purchased slots), so I'd like to take the Ghost Saber in Darkshore now. Anyone have a Dwarf character above level 30 on Madoran that could help? :D

EDIT: Of course, the irony is that I never tamed Humar with Ulfbrikt and now I've tamed him with only 2 days left on my account. D'oh! Oh well. He'll be there if/when I come back.

Last edited:
As a fellow hunter, you cant describe how it feels to wait for a rare mob and the rush of happiness when you tame it. I have the white ape and I have Loq from Sholozar Basin.

It what made me become a hunter!

Gratz!!

As a fellow hunter, you cant describe how it feels to wait for a rare mob and the rush of happiness when you tame it. I have the white ape and I have Loq from Sholozar Basin.

It what made me become a hunter!

Gratz!!
Thanks!

This is actually my first rare pet.

My other pets are a white wolf named Ulfbrikt I traveled to the area outside Ironforge to tame and a red crab I traveled all the way to Durotar to tame when I was level 19.

Ah yes, remembering Tbarrga's days in the Barrens--"tanking" on her summon of Echeyakee so someone could tame her (a slight inconvenience, had to drop and retake the quest, but it's right there in XR anyway).

Thanks!

This is actually my first rare pet.

My other pets are a white wolf named Ulfbrikt I traveled to the area outside Ironforge to tame and a red crab I traveled all the way to Durotar to tame when I was level 19.

What no taming attack Gerbils as pets? Everyone knows Gerbils are the rarest. What a rip off. :p

Last edited:
Back