Thread 2 - what I didn't like in GW2 and hope they change

Overall, I like the game. My biggest beef involves movement. I like to use the right mouse button to control movement as I keep a finger on the W key. Going up spiral staircases was a bit of a pain. I had to stop a lot and re-orient the mouse. Also, I'd try to whip around to face another enemy, but didn't quite get all the way around. I'd have to release the right mouse button, press it again, then complete the movement. I haven't had that problem in two other MMOs I like to play.

Movement overall is slow. I feel like I'm running in slow motion. Jumping and evasive movements are a bit jerky. Hopefully those will be improved before release.

Movement overall is slow. I feel like I'm running in slow motion. Jumping and evasive movements are a bit jerky. Hopefully those will be improved before release.
When I was first playing the game it looked like my Norn was walking REALLY slow, it might of been lag or just the animation but after the first day the animations got smoother..
I had to run the game on low on the first day, but near the end of the second day I could run the game on the high setting.
Methinks it's something to do with the load on the servers.

When I was first playing the game it looked like my Norn was walking REALLY slow, it might of been lag or just the animation but after the first day the animations got smoother..
I had to run the game on low on the first day, but near the end of the second day I could run the game on the high setting.
Methinks it's something to do with the load on the servers.

I agree about this, as I practiced dodging I found myself taking allot less damage. Mobility was less of an issue soon after I got the hang of it.

I had a hard time with the new targeting (being a GW1 only player) and really missed my red dots too. I also thought the picking up of loot was more complicated than it needs to be and was distracting in the middle of struggles.

Kel

I had a hard time with the new targeting (being a GW1 only player) and really missed my red dots too. I also thought the picking up of loot was more complicated than it needs to be and was distracting in the middle of struggles.

Kel

Looting is neat, just hit F in the vicinity and you loot. Turn on auto loot and it is super simple :)

Aye, I did auto loot as well as it was great. Except my bags filled up pretty quickly, but it's what I did with GW1, so I'll get used to it.

I can learn things like auto-loot - but gimme my red dots - or some form of those.

lol, Hands Abba San a box of red hots. Not many MMO's have had the targets on the minimap but I do see your difficulty, if your used to it.

lol - I'll take the red dots, thank you. I'm sure I'll get used to no red dots - but they were very nice for finding and targeting.

Even with auto loot turned on, you still have to press F, but it auto goes straight into your inventory.

The NPC'S that followed me around during a quest would stand right next to me and the "Talk F" bubble always seem to overide the "Loot F" bubble and the HUGE NPC wall o text would pop up needing me to find the LITTLE X to dismiss it so I could try and move enough to get the Loot F back. very frustrating for me. I am going to try and change the talk key or the loot key. I always feel so much the weak link in games that need precision so much more quickly than I can respond.

Forgot about that. Yes, very annoying trying to get close for the loot but having the guy follow me and want to talk.

Kel

And one more minor thing - the girl human faces mostly looked 12. Really people? There was one older face but she had ugly circles under her eyes. Grumble.... I was able to find one I was happy enough with but thought there would be more choices. There was lots of modifying you could do to the faces but not very many to start with. Oh and also the brown eyes are very light. They need to add a darker brown.

Kel

I agree about the choices not including some I was looking for. But isn't it cool that we can even talk about choosing eye-color and facial expressions...

Back