Threat addon - any recommendations?

Jethiel

Anita was mentioning last night that her hubby has a mod that lines the screen with red, or shakes the screen when you hit 90% aggro on a target. I'm trying to sort through the different ones on curse and figured I would ask if one is better than the other? Omen threat meter is the one I am going to try - just because it is a landslide leader in DL's. I am guessing that if Adam had something so specific that it would be a different addon though.

yeah, tried it out...only problem is finding out how to adjust the volume because I have most levels in game turned lower so that it is easier to communicate on TS3 - then the warning goes off that I am approaching aggro and I keep hoping it doesn't wake the kids. Sound is very, very loud.

And I also have deadly boss mods - love it.

I use Recount with threat addon but i have no idea if it screams at you. I just look at it.

Blizzard's UI has a default threat meter built-in but it only gives you your threat. Omen reads where everyone's threat is so you can see whether or not it's you that goes splat or that warlock going flat-out. :) You can also customize the sound that it makes when you grab aggro (I think there's even an option just to show visually instead of making the noise but I'm not sure).

Thanks Dan, I'm going to look through the options tonight to try and rectify the situation quickly.

I have the "Alex" threat meter. At the begining of a fight I dps as hard as I can because I know Alex is and as soon as my screen states "LanderX has died" then I know I need to back off the dps some :)

lol that is awesome and so true. although LanderX seems to be pretty good at tanking too in dps form :p

I can't use you as a meter Rhys as you have the ability to just die even before a pull happens, more so if there is a high ledge nearby :)

Joe, I use these two addons:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13674-TidyPlates.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14984-TidyPlatesThreatPlates.html

I have it set up so that I simply mouseover a mob's nameplate and my current level of threat pops up. You can set it so that threat is always shown on the nameplate if you wish. I like this presentation of the data because it is right over the mob I happen to be looking at, rather than on a meter tucked in the corner.

Granted, I typically am healing, and threat is rarely a concern. I have also noticed that if you're fighting a large mob, his nameplate is way up in the air above his head, which means you have to crank your camera up into the sky to see it. As a ranged, this won't typically be an issue, but there will be times when you might have to be tucked in close. It really depends on your play style and preferred camera angle.

On my Rogue (because of the issue I mention above), I simply use IceHud's built in meter. Since I'm already using Icehud to track Energy, Combo Points, and Slice and Dice duration, it was natural to just add an extra arc for monitoring threat.

K, i'll take a look into TidyPlates, and what is IceHud? :) I am guessing it is a icy version of your heads up display?

Back