Time for School

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormy

I always love the beginning of the school year, cuz it's a fresh opportunity to see God do HUGE stuff.

So, I'm gonna start off the praising right here, and prolly put in a few things for y'all to remember at the same time.

First, I'm grateful for the teachers that each of my sons were placed with for this upcoming year. At least two of the women are committed followers of Christ with mature relationship, and years of teaching young children. The other teacher, I don't know as well, but in my experience, she is both caring, and has a sense of humor that will go well with Matt, my middle son.

Second, I'm grateful for having had this summer to, if not necessarily relax, have the chance to tune my senses to really recognizing Christ's fingerprints and movements.

Now, some kinda prayer requests....kinda. I think this first one has already been answered. Alot of you, well, a few of you, have been aware of my job search. The guidelines for whatever job were really limiting to finding something. We know that God is a God of specifics, however, and I've recently interviewed for what appears to be the perfect job for this time in the life of my family. I'll hear in the next few days.

So, that's me. What's God been doing in YOUR life?

sending me on alot of UPS and alot of DOWNS this summer, but He is good and its all been fun

lol, okay, you did it LoJ, I have to share a cheesy cliche. It's a true one tho.

"You can't get to the mountaintop without walking through a valley (unless you use a hanglider or helicopter with a ladder)"

Well, okay, I added the paranthetical part. But you get the idea.

I'll have to say God has also blessed my child with born again teachers with excellent teaching reputations. On the job note, I'll keep ya in my prayers. I, too, have been on that search. God bless.

This summer has been kinda blah, I wish I coulda done more with it. But I look forward to really serving God this coming year by getting my bible study back up. I thank God for my teacher, my mom
smile.gif
I'm homeschooled, but am given the decision if I want to go to high school not this year, but next. Due to I'm only going into 8'th grade. I've been praying that God will show me if I'm supposed to go to high school or not. I'm really not being led in that direction right now tho. I also pray that if I am to go to highschool, I'll be willing. Becuase going to school will be one of the scariest things for me, seeing as I've never went to school. But God will come through and be there for me, if I am to go. Please also pray for my friend who is going to be a freshman this year. He has been homeschooled since I think 5'th grade, but decided that God was leading him to go to highschool. He really wants to server God, but I know he's a bit scared. So please keep me and my friend (plus my other friends who some have just gotten to know God better) for this school year. Please pray that we will all be able to serve God greatly. Even tho I'm homeschooled, I've got some great ideas for serving God this year. Thanks all, and your in my prayers.

Whats all this back-to-school stuff? I have almost 2 more months till I start school again. I'm ready to get back at it, though it appears that my books will cost an arm and a leg for fall term.  
mad.gif

After the exit of 10 teachers this term at schol there is definitely one new teacher who is a christian. Although i wont see him much as i am there only at lunchtime. I hope that he makes a difference in the school. Also we have a load of assemblies booked in the secondary schools this year. Definitely a breakthrough. I hope we can impact them as much as we did with the younger kids.

*stares at DH's avatar.

Oh, sorry. I'm alright (man, that thing is addictive).

So, guess what?

I got the job
biggrin.gif

I'll be starting Aug. 19 as a 1st grade classroom instructional aide.

What's that mean?

It means, that YHVH, true to form, has provided not only what was needed, but what was wanted, right on time. I now have a fulltime job with benefits that coincides with the school hours of my children, is nearby, and will give me the opportunity to be a witness in the lives of a bunch of little munchkins.

Rock on, God!!

(My personal prayer list is getting shorter, which is very cool)

Rock on, LoJ, totally spot on.

Have been thinking bout just starting a journal for prayer testimonies. Thing is tho, I know that in order to get the kind of answers I've gotten recently, a whole bunch of more drama has to happen. I'm really tired of drama right now, lol.

So, we shall see.

In writing or not tho, one thing is for sure. Our God is faithful in huge and awesome ways.

Prayer Journels ROCK! they are awesome i use one to keep track of notes when i am reading, and to see a list of past and current anwsered prayers, also helps me to knowtice when i start to backslide so i can fix it faster
biggrin.gif

hey Stormy .... have you heard from the interview ?

S

[edit] rats...shoulda checked the prev page !!! congrats !!

I'm using that journal for exactly a prayer journal ...really helps a lot to have the journal easily accessible from work / home ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back