Trading added to TF2. Time to add new rules?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I know at least a few of us have been annoyed by players on our servers repeatedly asking for items these last few days. We can't super-size a crab and set them loose on the beggars, so I was thinking maybe a few new rules might be in order?

Now I don't mind if the server is less than full (say, at 12/20 players) and two people move to spectate to trade items. Doesn't bother me. But when one guy asks over and over and OVER again about the same item, it makes the game less fun to play.

I'm not looking for a ban on all chat about trading, but I think rules like, "No begging," "Move to spectate before starting a trade," and so on would be reasonable.

I've added a "No begging for items or chat spamming" rule to the MOTD.

I'd imagine actual trading will be pretty intense since it just came out but it will hopefully die down after a week or two, the new stuff usually does. If it doesn't we'll add a rule about going to spec. I expect there will be a lot of trading this Tuesday so it will probably be more trading than playing anyway :p .

Last edited:
I've added a "No begging for items or chat spamming" rule to the MOTD.

I'd imagine actual trading will be pretty intense since it just came out but it will hopefully die down after a week or two, the new stuff usually does. If it doesn't we'll add a rule about going to spec. I expect there will be a lot of trading this Tuesday so it will probably be more trading than playing anyway :p .
If people get obnoxious about it, just tell them to go to http://tinyurl.com/tojtf2trade (the shortened URL links to the Team Fortress 2 Trading thread on this forum).

Easy to remember!

Might look at making a trading session 15 minutes before the game nights start on Tuesdays, for those wanting to get on and do some trading\crafting. Just a suggestion.

Might look at making a trading session 15 minutes before the game nights start on Tuesdays, for those wanting to get on and do some trading\crafting. Just a suggestion.
Oo, I like this idea. Maybe load up dm_fortress at 7:45 p.m. Central, let people who want to trade sit in spectator and make offers, and let those who aren't interested in trading but want to be social duel for a while.

Back