Trapping in HA

dorkelf

We seem to keep trying to trap HA, mostly because many of us remember how much fun VIM trapping used to be, and of course trapping is just so much darned fun. :) So I've tried to make a viable build centered around trappers that would have the intention of:

1 - being fun to play (TRAP TRAP TRAP)
2 - being capable of winning SOME FAME

If our expectations aren't any higher than that and we really want to trap HA, here's the build idea I had. We would have a sub-team consisting of three trappers with oath shot, nature's renewal and healing springs, and a ritualist spirit spammer/warder with shelter, union, ward against elements and ward against foes. All other team members will be assasins - there's an assasin build on PvX wiki that can deliver a fantastic melee spike with a lot of damage. All the assasins will have a skill which will allow them to return to the sub-team to heal up and escape attacks or spikes. The sub team will take the Ghostly and will do nothing but keep wards and springs up, and the ritualist will have the spirit that will resurrect party members when dropped.

In the first round of HA, the trappers will trap the door and the sub-group and Ghostly stay there throughout the round, laying traps and spirits and wards when under attack. Assasins form a body-block line at the base of the stairs and hopefully will intercept and eliminate incoming melee. After initial targets are 'spiked', assassins choose different targets (each assasin could be pre-assigned 'melee, spellcaster or monk' to help prevent overlap).

That's it in a nutshell. Here are the reasons why I think this will work better than some other trapper builds we've tried:

1 - A combination of wards, spirits and traps in one location can work great, because the spirits strongly mitigate spikes and overall damage. However, spirit spamming isn't practical when the group needs to be aggressive and move around together alot, ala VIM trapping. This build divides up the group so that half of the group is aggressive, and half is defensive. The defensive group won't have to move at all until the end-game, when the trappers come out to help finish off the other team. So spirits can be kept up, and should greatly hamper the other team.

2 - Assassins can deliver a powerful punch, and their skill that returns them to safety is very hard to interrupt.

There's a great assassin build on PvXwiki, so really only the rituatlist and trapper builds would have to be developed. If you have any comments or criticisms, or want to come up with a good rit or trapper build for this team, please post here. Thanks,

Paul

Last edited:
I could do A Spirit Spammer on friday...link to what build i should bring? I can also trap. My 'sin is ok..

HA is Hero's Ascent. You get there by winning in Random Arenas and Team Arenas. I think it is five times each.

lol ok, i knew that but i forgot. ty. btw i might be able to help, but i need to beat the ta first, if anyone is on when i am, and is willing to help, i will gladly eccept, and will try to pay u guys back.

lol ok, i knew that but i forgot. ty. btw i might be able to help, but i need to beat the ta first, if anyone is on when i am, and is willing to help, i will gladly eccept, and will try to pay u guys back.

Helping you beat TA is what our guild/alliance is all about! We have PvP players logged in almost every Tuesday and Friday evening, usually starting around 9PM EST. If you are logged in between 9 and 9:30 on any Tuesday or Friday night, there should be enough PvP players around to join up with you and beat TA.

Paul

Back