Tribe 11 Tournament Sign-Ups!!

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Tribe of Judah started as a StarCraft community, and in order to celebrate it's 11th Anniversary we find it fitting to commemorate the occasion with a StarCraft II tournament!

Rules:

Non-ToJ members may participate in the tournament.

VOID: In order to participate you must have a CGA account with at least 5 posts as of 1200 CST May 12th, 2010.
Now anyone can participate who is/was invited by ToJ member. These rules are mainly put in-place to avoid griefing from outsiders (griefing from insiders is OK).

The winner of each match-up will be determined by a best of three.

Leaving a game will constitute as a forfeit. In the event of a crash, a player should submit a screenshot of the crash feedback box to the judge, and the judge will determine a re-match.

A judge must be present for each match. Judges are not allowed to provide feedback to the players during the match in any form. Judges' names will be announced at a later time.

Sign-ups must be completed before 1900 CST 18 May. The tournament will take place from 19 May through 25 May.

If you are interested in participating please include your information below before 1900 CST 18 May! We look forward to gaming with you!

Additional Information

Tournament players will be able to choose to compete on Lost Temple, Metalopolis, Desert Oasis, Steppes of War, Incineration Zone, Scrap Station, Kulas Ravine, and Blistering Sands. Other Blizzard maps will be considered as they're released. Custom maps will not be allowed at this time.

If you are interested in becoming a judge then please include your information below!

Last edited:
I'd like to participate and judge!! woohoo!!!

Eskunu.bowser

Count me in. It may be difficult for me to schedule a match (this month is going to be a busy one), but I'll try my best.

I'm in, but I'm terribad.

jarofclay.mud

Last edited:
as far as I can tell, looks like the tournament is at 1pm on tuesday... if it's early on tuesday then I probably can't make it- no biggie tho!
if that for some reason isn't the case, maybe I can come!
(grim.joeto)

as far as I can tell, looks like the tournament is at 1pm on tuesday... if it's early on tuesday then I probably can't make it- no biggie tho!
if that for some reason isn't the case, maybe I can come!
(grim.joeto)

No, the players will be announced shortly after the deadline, and it will be up to the players and judge to schedule the hour and day of their matches. It keeps the schedule relatively flexible to those attending. The only stipulation is that the first bracket should be knocked out as early as possible, to provide time for those playing in later brackets. Other than that, the matches/tournament are not limited to a set time.

Just as a reminder, the Tournament's 1st bracket will be put up tomorrow, so sign up if you haven't already done so!
Series are welcome to start as soon as the first bracket is posted!

Ok, so here's the tournament I have set up so far.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqUGV6frIDh3dEhVUW16eUVuNWYtRml2VnpVeFpOQUE&hl=en

Please let me know if you notice any errors or have any suggestions.

As I mentioned, each series is a best of 3. I haven't decided how the maps will be selected yet. A number of options are:
  • Preset maps for each match in every bracket (e.g. bracket 1 match 1 (lost temple) bracket 1 match 2 (blistering sands).. etc).
  • Selected maps for each player series, voted on by the players in the series. That map will then be played for the entire series.
  • Selected maps for each match, voted on by the players.
  • Random maps

I'm leaning towards option #1 because it's the simplest.

The maps and players will be decided tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here it is!!!!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqUGV6frIDh3dFdTN1BXWi0tZXppSk1NaHRHbDhqV0E&hl=en

First games are as follows:
  • Tek vs. Elihu
  • Grimsauce vs. Elador
  • SlavidZee vs. Tianar
  • Lloren vs. Bowser

Players are allowed to choose their own maps for each match. Both players should agree on a map for each match in the series (or for the entire series, if they wish).

Series are allowed to start as soon as the players are ready. Remember, this is a best of three series, so a player would have to win at least twice to advance on to the next bracket (no need for a 3rd game if 2 are won in a row). Also, judges are not required, so please just provide all replays on the forums if no observers can be found. Thanks all, and have fun!!

(oh, and I should add the list was randomly generated)

Last edited:
Back