Trinity Bars 2.0

lol ok let me rephrase the question.... given that I am currently using a 1.xx version, what version would you consider to be the most stable working version?

Question of my own: I recently started playing a Warrior, and I would like bind the same keys to the same buttons on each stance bar. Tilde for the first button, 1 for the second, etc, regardless of the stance i'm in.

I couldn't figure it out yesterday, Trinity kept telling me that the key was already bound to something else - am I missing something, or is it not possible with Trinity?

EDIT: I just realized that I probably could bind the keys to macros that figured out what stance i'm in, and execute commands appropriately. Not as intuitive as what I was trying to do, but it would work, I guess.

My question for Connor still stands. :D

Yes, and I noticed that when I logged on last night that the keys were in fact mapped they way I wanted them to each stance bar. They probably were properly mapped, it's just that the characters indicating which key I had mapped did not show up on my Defensive stance bar until I logged on next.

Curious. I love Trinity Bars, and have been using it for some time. However, I am unaware what the option "Container Frame Management" does? I am hoping honestly it might be something similare to eePanels, or interaction with a mod like that.

Wierd trinity issue i've noticed. Might be a blizzard issue.

I believe it was in 2.3, or perhaps 2.0, when you would get a new rank of a spell/skill, it would automatically replace the old one on your bars.

I've noticed that it now (at least in trinity, have yet to try it on default UI) it deletes the old rank of the spell/skill but does not put the new rank in its place. The result = empty buttons.

is there a way to adjust the font size? when i scale buttons down, it becomes un-readable...i'd love to keep the font size up but just scale the button down

@Tielc - This allows you to turn on or off Trinity's control over the bag frames. Trinity can interfere with some bag management addons, so this option is to allow players to decide if Trinity is control of the bag frames or not.

@FiremanThul - This is a bug I am working on. It is a result of fixing other bugs lol.

@nattyg - Nothing just quite yet, though it is in the works. What you can do is open the buttonSkins.lua file in the the "skins" folder, and look for ["HotKeyHeight"] = and change the text heights to something that works for you.

Thank you Azolas. By they way, incredible job with the mod. I prefer it over any bar mod. I noticed though with the latest release, that the color of the cooldown does not change as it once did on it's countdown to zero. Mine used to go from white, to yellow to red as it cooled down. Was this removed in favor or the buff / debuff timers that were added to the button?

You probably installed TB2 with a version where I forgot to change the coloring of some elements to the colors they should be. Newer versions have these colors properly defined. There are two ways to fix this -

1) Open the advanced dock editor, click on the arrows in the upper left corner until you wee the color-picker, use the crop down to change the cooldown normal and cooldown large to the colors you want (large being the last 5 seconds)

2) Erase your settings and reset the colors to the newly defined defaults :D

I have one queston Kagnus is there any chance to get "old" trinity bars? I tried to go on free server to have some sweet old times on patch 1.12.1 ... Is there any chance there are Trinity bars for this version or you started developing later? i just want those Trinity bars so badly :-(

I'll take the liberty to answer. Macaroon! is the new and improved version of Trinity Bars and can be found here. The Forgiven does not encourage, promote or support activities that are in violation of the copyright agreement with Blizzard.

Why oh why would you want to play an ancient version of WoW? 3.3 is FAR better than vanilla. $15/month is really not a lot at all.

[7F]LarryBoy;366537 said:
Why oh why would you want to play an ancient version of WoW? 3.3 is FAR better than vanilla. $15/month is really not a lot at all.
sometimes I just don't like the new features of WoW after new a new patches... and i want to try...and in another way, I am student and spending money for wow...is pretty much useless since I don't have that much time as needed to enjoy wow...so free is my only choice...may be later? ;)

I'll take the liberty to answer. Macaroon! is the new and improved version of Trinity Bars and can be found here. The Forgiven does not encourage, promote or support activities that are in violation of the copyright agreement with Blizzard.

I do understand that you are not going to support playing on non retail server, but it's not the same to help me get old version of one add on for 1.12.1 is it?

Last edited:
Probably the only person who can supply that kind of thing is Kagnus/Maul himself. He's not around here very frequently, as he went horde :) You can find him under Maul around www.curse.com, however.

As a fellow student, paying largely my own way through college, I call bluff on that reasoning :) I'm not here to sound judgmental, but I do say that to say that "'free' is my only choice." is just a smokescreen you are throwing on yourself to ease your conscience. So is "maybe later." Despite the sheer weight of the amount of money that they make every month, Blizzard is asking (imho) an honest wage for the amount of time, thought, and excellence they pack into their game.

Probably the only person who can supply that kind of thing is Kagnus/Maul himself. He's not around here very frequently, as he went horde :) You can find him under Maul around www.curse.com, however.

As a fellow student, paying largely my own way through college, I call bluff on that reasoning :) I'm not here to sound judgmental, but I do say that to say that "'free' is my only choice." is just a smokescreen you are throwing on yourself to ease your conscience. So is "maybe later." Despite the sheer weight of the amount of money that they make every month, Blizzard is asking (imho) an honest wage for the amount of time, thought, and excellence they pack into their game.

Thank you very much for your answer...hope it will help

and well...maybe it's just like you said...but honestly is it worth to pay? It is! but it's also addictive and it's definitely not worth when you can play as much as 2 days in week...It's exams time right now and though it's good thing to redirect yourself after learning a little :) you mustn't allow yourself to spend there too much time so you will have some time left for learning again...;)

Thank you very much for your answer...hope it will help

and well...maybe it's just like you said...but honestly is it worth to pay? It is! but it's also addictive and it's definitely not worth when you can play as much as 2 days in week...It's exams time right now and though it's good thing to redirect yourself after learning a little :) you mustn't allow yourself to spend there too much time so you will have some time left for learning again...;)
/bump for newly approved post

Back