Tuesday 1 August, 2017

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
1 Chronicles 29:10-22 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
David’s Prayer
10 Then David praised the Lord in the sight of all the assembly. David said,

May You be praised, Lord God of our father Israel, from eternity to eternity. 11 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the splendor and the majesty, for everything in the heavens and on earth belongs to You. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom, and You are exalted as head over all. 12 Riches and honor come from You, and You are the ruler of everything. Power and might are in Your hand, and it is in Your hand to make great and to give strength to all. 13 Now therefore, our God, we give You thanks and praise Your glorious name.

14 But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? For everything comes from You, and we have given You only what comes from Your own hand.[a] 15 For we live before You as foreigners and temporary residents in Your presence as were all our ancestors. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope. 16 Yahweh our God, all this wealth that we’ve provided for building You a house for Your holy name comes from Your hand; everything belongs to You. 17 I know, my God, that You test the heartand that You are pleased with what is right. I have willingly given all these things with an upright heart, and now I have seen Your people who are present[b] here giving joyfully and[c] willingly to You. 18 LordGod of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, our ancestors, keep this desire forever in the thoughts of the hearts of Your people, and confirm their hearts toward You. 19 Give my son Solomon a whole heart to keep and to carry out all Your commands, Your decrees, and Your statutes, and to build the temple for which I have made provision.

20 Then David said to the whole assembly, “Praise the Lord your God.” So the whole assembly praised the Lord God of their ancestors. They bowed down and paid homage to the Lord and the king.

21 The following day they offered sacrifices to the Lord and burnt offerings to the Lord: 1,000 bulls, 1,000 rams, and 1,000 lambs, along with their drink offerings, and sacrifices in abundance for all Israel.22 They ate and drank with great joy in the Lord’s presence that day.

The Enthronement of Solomon
Then, for a second time, they made David’s son Solomon king; they anointed him[d] as the Lord’s ruler, and Zadok as the priest
Hey lets start off the month with praise to God, a party unto God, and a coronation. Some of us have payday today and it is a good time to reflect and meditate on the fact that everything we have is from God ultimately.

Lord we have a brand spanking new month to praise you in, and to grow in you. Thank you so much. In Christs' name amen.

Back