Tyrionn's Inner Geek

Drogo

Cheers Knights!!

Well, another school year is about to close :) My 20th one...... I love it - I don't think I could do anything else than teach!!!!

The past week has been very, very busy - school board presentations, graduation stuff, meeting with admins...... However, that did not stop me from stopping in Fry's on Thursday. I was only looking.....

Until......

I bought this and that and this and some more of that...... Yup, I started a new rig build....

I am just about done......but I am very, very persnickety...

Here are some bits:

nForce 780i SLI FTW motherboard
Intel Q9850
8 gigs Cossair Ram
GTX 295 (BFG)
9800gt (BFG) for PhysX
ThermalTake Toughpower 1200w Module Power
WD Raptor 300gb
Seagate 1tb

So far.........anyway :)

I should be back in Norath in a week :)

I'll keep you all posted!!!

Here are some bits:

Intel Q9850
8 gigs Cossair Ram
GTX 295 (BFG)
9800gt (BFG) for PhysX
WD Raptor 300gb
Seagate 1tb

So far.........anyway :)

I should be back in Norath in a week :)

I'll keep you all posted!!!

Yummy...very yummy...hehe...you enjoy that rig, and we will be looking forward to having you back...had 9 people on Friday night and 8 Saturday night... :)

wow 9 peeps! Congrats on the growth! I am soo tempted to resub for a month just to hang with you all and see the guild hall. Too bad they don't have scroll of resurrection like in woW

wow 9 peeps! Congrats on the growth! I am soo tempted to resub for a month just to hang with you all and see the guild hall. Too bad they don't have scroll of resurrection like in woW

Yeah, if they did I would hit you up with one ASAP...

Update:

Everything works - fans, bios, drives, cards - humming along with pretty lights :)

Now, I'm faced with a slight dilemma: Go with my copy of Vista Ultimate 64......or with Windows 7 RC...... Hmmmmmm.......

I have the burned DvD for 7 right here, ready to go..... I'm leaning this way - gonna go with 7 anyway when it goes live; however, the icky part is installing the RTM version will wipe the RC version - it won't be an "upgrade."

Ponder, ponder........

At first I would say 7 RC hands down...but the more I used it the more I don't think it would be the best thing to do... I realized that some lesser used programs, Media Center as an example, is like a version from a year ago o_O...which if you use netflix is pretty annoying...

Intel Q9850
8 gigs Cossair Ram
GTX 295 (BFG)
9800gt (BFG) for PhysX
WD Raptor 300gb
Seagate 1tb

Alright - added a smidge......

I added a:
LG Flatron
Razer Mako

And I installed Windows 7. I must say, Windows 7 is impressive.....driver support is excellent - and wonderful speed with Sata II drives.

I should get the OC done this evening, along with the million different voltages :) Then run Prime.....for stability......

Yes, geek juices running on high :)

Alright - added a smidge......

I added a:
LG Flatron
Razer Mako

And I installed Windows 7. I must say, Windows 7 is impressive.....driver support is excellent - and wonderful speed with Sata II drives.

I should get the OC done this evening, along with the million different voltages :) Then run Prime.....for stability......

Yes, geek juices running on high :)

Okay - just about set with the Overclocks - the Q9650 is has quite the high ceiling.... got it to 1700 from 1333 - and a bunch of voltage numbers that only the super geeky, nerdy and strange folks would be interested in :)

The GTX 295 has been more picky than the cpu - Using Evga Precision, I got the following:
630 | 1500 | 1100 - saw a few hard freezes getting here......but I think I have the stable sweet spot....

3DMark is 20653 with the 186.08 beta drivers.....

I'm messing with a level 1 toon at the moment, to get the graphics settings set - just so I can concentrate and not watch all the chatting :)

Cheers!

Ok sounds good I'll take one just like it just send me one if you dont mind :p Been missing ya bud!!

Can you run it at the highest settings?

My 8800 GTS sits at 675 | 1674 | 972 OC'd...

Last edited:
Back