UI, Addons, Mods

So...What mod is this? How do I get it? How do I get my screen to look as cool as yours does? I need to know!

yeah, what Dukatt said! also is there a working version of SCT in there? I am dieing to get my hands on one.

EDIT: something I forgot, it would be nice if you could get this posted before friday, that's when I am allowed to start playing. (weekends only :()

Last edited:
If you are a UI freak, like Mirakle you need to check out this site-

Wow Ace Updater

The ace updater will actually check what you have download and update stuff.

Mirakle showed it too me. I am not UI saavy enough to completely understand it. But it is Waaaay coolio.

I love it Yucke! Looks sharp. Great layout.

What is your bag mod, it looks different then OneBag, and I am curious about how it is grouping items.

My screen-shots are in the work.

WARNING: For those who just dabble with modding. What Yucke and I are attempting is hardcore! This will inevitably cause an even greater addiction to WoW and will suck sleep from you. You will dream of mods and will check dev boards each day for the nightly updates. It will take many many hours to set up what we have done. You will never be able to play Vanilla WoW again, causing major panic attacks every patch day as you pray that your mods still work. Proceed with caution!

Ok this is what I am after.

I want to be able to stop using the stupid bars that WoW provides for me. I would like to set up specific square shaped bars like Yucke has that I can group spells on.

Buffs on one, a PVP layout for another, an instance layout for a third and finally a Raid Layout. Onebag would rock and that cool player image would rock!

I would also like to customize these bars between all my toons. One for my hunter, pally and mage. So as you can tell way different play styles for each of my classes!

Recommendations please...and......GO!

WARNING: For those who just dabble with modding. What Yucke and I are attempting is hardcore! This will inevitably cause an even greater addiction to WoW and will suck sleep from you. You will dream of mods and will check dev boards each day for the nightly updates. It will take many many hours to set up what we have done. You will never be able to play Vanilla WoW again, causing major panic attacks every patch day as you pray that your mods still work. Proceed with caution!

Isn't that the truth. Vanilla WoW? *shudder* Gotta have me my mods.

I've pretty much patched my UI together from about 50 different mods - it looks like you are using mostly the Ace stuff here, Yucke. I'm interested to see how that would compare to what I have. Am I correct in assuming that if I create a backup of my existing Interface folder, I can tinker to my heart's content, and if I don't like it, simply go back to start by restoring that folder? I know each character has a .wtf file elsewhere that stores lots of UI related variables, but I don't think that would be a problem. If I'm mistaken, though, please let me know.

I can figure out most of your visible mods, but am not sure what you use to make the chat/button 'panels' along the bottom. Currently I'm using Discord Action Bars to put hotbars all over the place, but might like to centralize them a bit more, and clean up the edges of my screen. One thing I really like about DAB is that it's relatively easy to set up my main hotbar to switch to a different set of buttons when my rogue alt goes into stealth, or my druid alt shapeshifts. As I use a Nostromo controller and mouse to play, I can't be relying on tons of SHIFT- or ALT- key combos. Does the Ace family have a good answer for that kind of situation?

what I really need is something to help with PvP, it really bugs me that I can't reach past the sixth attack on my bar without moving the mouse down there, it really slows me down in PvP, does anyone have anything that could help with that? (a side note: I am a rogue, so if there is something special to help me stealth better that would be nice too)

what I really need is something to help with PvP, it really bugs me that I can't reach past the sixth attack on my bar without moving the mouse down there, it really slows me down in PvP, does anyone have anything that could help with that? (a side note: I am a rogue, so if there is something special to help me stealth better that would be nice too)

My solution

I've been using a Nostromo controller for a little over a year, and I LOVE IT. I use the D pad under the thumb for movement, and have 14 hotkeys at my fingertips (plus 2 more I can use when not moving). It was largely playing a Rogue alt that inspired me to buy this. I hated the fact that, using the keyboard, I could either be moving or using hotkeyed attacks, but not both simultaneously (unless using the mouse to click on attacks, but that was unacceptably slow and distracting to me). With my thumb controlling movement, and my fingers free to select skills, I was attacking, strafing, and doing anything else I wanted to do without having to move my hands around the keyboard, and without having to take my eyes off the action on screen.

I also use a mouse that has 2 thumb buttons, and bound stealth to one of those, so I can stealth, move, use my mouse wheel to scroll through targets, and whatever else I want very quickly and easily. I highly recommend it. =)

sounds really nice baddwin, however I am looking for something I can get for free, such as a mod that sets up attacks differently, the idea of binding a mouse key to stealth is a very good idea though (mine has four buttons as well). also Icthus it would be handy if you could give me a linky to a safe download site.

Thanks a bunch.

Question

Yucke,

Just curious, why are you using DUF and XPerl ... or did you disable xperl I see them in your addons folder but not in your screenies.

As a side note, for those who are looking to just get a good looking UI without having to grab a bunch of stuff from all over check out www.nurfedui.net one stop shop for a good solid low memory UI. I of course am not satisfied with simple but that is just me.

sounds really nice baddwin, however I am looking for something I can get for free, such as a mod that sets up attacks differently, the idea of binding a mouse key to stealth is a very good idea though (mine has four buttons as well). also Icthus it would be handy if you could give me a linky to a safe download site.

Thanks a bunch.

Free is always good. =) The Nostromo has made such a huge difference in the way I play that I thought I'd at least give it a plug. Unfortunately, it also means that I haven't paid attention to the kinds of mods you're looking for, sorry. =(

I know you can get the compilatoin Icthus was referring to from Curse Gaming here.

that looks pretty slick baddwin, im gonna give it a try:p ordered it and a new logitech mouse with even more buttons, muahaha

Heh, this isn't just a single mod. I uploaded my filefolder so you can go look at what mods I'm using.

Ty Mirakle, and the bag mod I'm using is EngBags (http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-4333-1-engbags-updated.html)
Right now the grouping for the items is default which is kind of like

soulbound in one group
consumables in another
rogue regents in another
Hearth, quest items, bandages etc

something like that. How the grouping works is configurable but I haven't taken the time to figure it out yet.

Hehe, yea. Patches are pretty painful...especially when DAB gets messed up. It's a pain to set up.

Dukatt, I recommend Discord Action Bars. They're really flexible and customizable. You can also save settings per character and switch pages if needed. It is quite a pain to set up though.
As for buffs, there are several mods similar to necrosis but designed for a different class.

Badwin, my chat panels/combat log (simplecombatlog) are oSkin. It replaces everything with a black to grey gradient (colors customizable).
And yes, before I do any major UI tweaking, I copy and paste my WTF, WDB and Interface folders onto my desktop incase things go awry.

I recently got rid of the CTraid package and all my Titan Panel plugins along with a few other mods and replaced them with their Ace counterpart. There was a significant reduction in memory consumption.
Prior to converting to Ace, I was at ~85-90. Now I'm at ~62. Seems to max at 65.

Cheeso, The newest version of SCT I think is 5.1? (Ace2).
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info3965-Scrolling_Combat_Text.html

You should consider binding all your frequently used pvp spells/consumables. Consider utilizing shift+, alt+, CTRL+ and some letter keys. If you're having trouble hitting keys while moving, trying mixing the mouse movement (holding down right and left click) with keyboard movement, you'll be able to hit a lot more buttons this way.
I have a spammable stealth macro (bound to shift+1). What it does is, you bind it to a key and when you're waiting for stealth to CD, or waiting to go out of combat to restealth, you can SPAM this macro. Unlike the regular stealth button, this macro will only put you into stealth. It will not make you leave stealth.

STEALTH MACRO:

/script local z,i,U=0 for i=1,16 do U=UnitBuff("player",i) if (U and string.find(U,"Stealth")) then z=1 end end if z==0 then CastSpellByName("Stealth") end

copy and paste this into a macro and spam away.

I'm a heavy PvPer and I don't click ANYTHING. For my setup, I have EVERYTHING bound to a key/combination of keys. They're on hidden Action Bars (except for Main bar that switches to stealth bar, I lowered the alpha and size of that to hide it because the bars don't switch when they're hidden).
The group of buttons I have showing are floaters (DAB function) and they just the important spells that have a cooldown so I can keep track of them.

Last edited:
Yucke,

Just curious, why are you using DUF and XPerl ... or did you disable xperl I see them in your addons folder but not in your screenies.

As a side note, for those who are looking to just get a good looking UI without having to grab a bunch of stuff from all over check out www.nurfedui.net one stop shop for a good solid low memory UI. I of course am not satisfied with simple but that is just me.

I've been fooling around with DuF, and DART on a few alts but I prefer X-perl over everything because of its built in energy ticker and it shows (in raid) who else is targeting my target and how many healers are assisting me ~_^ hmmm.

w00t, thanks yucke, this is going to help me pwn more horde! my only problem now is how do I bind the macro to a key? I have no idea.

Last edited:
Some pics of my UI for you casters out there. =)

Clean:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5961/uinewestcleangp6.jpg

Consumables (When I hold down my Ctrl key those buttons come up, when I let go they disappear):
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6576/uinewestconsumableshq6.jpg

Raid:
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mindblastcrits2144ws4.jpg

Notice the huge fear button, hehe, it's a range check and large visual global cooldown check. You can see in the Clean pic, its grayed out. It remains gray while targetting a mob when my furthest offensive spells(mind blast and SW:p) are out of range. It becomes solid in color when those 2 spells are in range of the mob, and then the red border pops up when Mind Flay is in range(mind flay has shorter range than other 2), as you can see in the Raid pic.

Last edited:
Do any mages have this one that Quantum is using? I would like to see it from that perspective with offensive spells set up.

Yucke...looking into Discord Action Bars today at work! Thanks bro.

Back