Unforgiveness i reckon does'nt help my loneliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb

I'll quote this verse from Matthew 18:31-35 Gnb

"When the other servants
saw what had happened, they were very upset and went to
the king and told him everything. So he called the servant in.
'You worthless slave!' he said. 'I forgave you the whole amount you owed me, just because you asked me to. You
should have had mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had
mercy on you.' The king was very angry, and he sent the servant to jail to be punished until he paid back the whole
amount." And Jesus concluded, "That is how my Father in heaven will treat every one of you unless you forgive other
people from your heart."

It looks like it means that if i'm unforgiving towards an enemy
then I reckon Loneliness has a right over me and what if i'm
correct?

Caleb said:
It looks like it means that if i'm unforgiving towards an enemy
then I reckon Loneliness has a right over me and what if i'm
correct?
Unforgiveness, like any sin, separates us from God. If you need to forgive someone in your life, then I'd wholeheartedly encourage you to ask for God's help in forgiving the person who hurt you. Remember: Forgiving someone doesn't trivialize what that person did; it frees you from unforgiveness and allows you to move on with your effort to know Christ better.

That being said, the loneliness you're experiencing may or may not be tied to your unforgiveness. Without the full context of the situation, it's hard to say. (I'm not asking you to divulge any more information. If you're not comfortable with giving specifics, then please don't feel pressure or obligation to do so.)

Whenever you pray, you should ask the Lord to reveal any sin in your life so you may repent (resolve to change your behavior rather than simply apologize for it) and move forward in prayer.

Loneliness is a terrible thing. I think most, if not all, members of this community have experience it at one time or another. There are a lot of great people on these forums who will do what they can to ensure you that you're not alone--that we're all sorting out our faith one slow day at a time. Still, as powerful as words posted on these forums can be, fellowship with local Christians is also important. I urge you to attend and then get involved with a local church, if you aren't already.

I'll be praying for you as well. It may be that forgiving the person who hurt you is terribly hard. Christ does not expect us to do it alone. When we refuse to lay our burdens on the Lord, we not only damage our relationship with Him, we also take away an opportunity for Him to bless us and others through us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back