Urgent prayer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyWheat

Holy crap is this a huge prayer request...

Basically, my financial position is looking very grim in relation to paying for school next year. I attend Houghton College, which is about $12,000 a year. Unfortunately, I don't get a full ride, and I have to rely on loans. After this last year, both my parents' have destroyed their credit, so I'm unable to get a do-able loan...I'm waiting for responses to come back from several people to see what my standing is. My other option, if I can't afford Houghton, is to get things squared away incredibly fast so i can attend my brother's school, Bethany Bible College.

I've put everything into the Lord's hands, but prayer wouldn't hurt...the scariest thought I have is that I'll have to take next semester off...

Man thats rough. I dont know quite how your loans system works in the USA so i dunno exactly how to help you...

But i will pray m8. God plan and provision are perfect. If your sposed to be there next term then you will be.

If worse comes to worse and you can't attend the other two schools, are their community colleges in the area that you can attend? You could work on some of your general education classes and save a couple bucks since credit hours are usually cheaper at community colleges. Then when you work out the loan situation, go back to taking courses in your major. Whatever you do, even if you can't attend a full semester, there are usually other ways you can continue your education. Like seeing if there are any classes you can test out of and working the semester to get the knowledge to test out of it. Check to see if there are any positions at the campus itself. Usually employees get discounted rates that might help lesson the amount for the loan. Try getting an internship where they might apply the work you do to college credits. Just some thoughts.

I'll be praying for you too.

dude that sucks totally i will be praying for you man

if anything u can come visit me my first year of college at OZark Christian =P

Oh by the way have you heard of South Eastern College i think its free but you work at local churchs doing internships and stuff if you want i can find the info on it again

Thanks for the support people, and thanks for offering LoJ
smile.gif

It turns out that they made a mistake...I only owe $1400 for next year as compared to $9000!! Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back