UT3 Titan Pack Details Revealed - Arrives March 5th

Omega Amen

Big Download has a hands-on article (with pics) on the upcoming UT3 downloadable Titan Pack, and this looks like to be a really big update with a lot of new content.

These are points I gleaned from the article:

• For PC and PS3. PC has Steam achievements while Trophies are included for PS3. Achievement/Trophy count is 57.
  • Introduces 11 new multiplayer maps for DM, CTF, VCTF, and Warfare.
  • Includes additional 8 maps from earlier bonus pack and Xbox 360 version.
  • Two new game modes: Greed and Betrayal
  • New Titan mutator: Titan meter fills up and unleashed for 30 seconds as a 15-foot tall Behemoth with a powerful rocket launcher and the ability to pound the ground to and clear an entire area. But cannot complete game objectives while as a Behemoth (e.g. capture flag, etc.).
  • Betrayal: Three-man teams that change throughout game. Teams gain points for kills, and a betrayer can grab all those points from team if he successfully betrays him.
  • New vehicles like Stealthbender, a slower Hellbender with a cloak mode.
  • New power-ups and deployables like X-Ray Field and Slow Field.
  • UI has been overhauled, and more options to vote for in-game.
  • Subtle changes to weapon pickup system.
  • Weapon lockers for VCTF and Warfare.
  • More stuff for mod authors to play with like bone scaling on character models.

Sounds like almost a re-launch of the game. I hope it is received very well, ignites interest, and make servers busy for once.

I still have a lot of <3 for Epic, so I really want this Titan Pack to revive the UT player base and bring new players to the game as well.

I've marked March 5 on my calendar!

Sounds awesome. They still need to bring back the Lightning Gun though. Unless someone's already done a mod for one.

Downloading the Mighty TiTaN Pack now, a Massive 8.03GB, WOW!!!
I Hope this brings some Life back into the Multiplayer:)

/cry

I was so looking forward to the Titan Pack, but now I have to wait for Dell to send me a replacement notebook after the video display died on mine.

:(

I'm hoping to be back in the game as soon as March 12 or as late as March 19 (provided there are no further complications).

...Sure that isn't just UT3 itself? That's 8 gigs and the forums said it still has a day or two before release.

It's out now, and there's a free weekend for UT3, AND there's a price cut too. The pack is about 900 mb.

Yep, UT3 is being updated through Steam as I am making this post.

Epic released a trailer for the Titan Pack. So, Tek, as you wait, this is for you.

Geez, I think the Steam servers are hammered. It is updating very slowly.... Wait. Did Steam just freeze on me?

Last edited:
Actually that was a Misguided print from FilePlanet, was actually a press Kit which contained everything in the first 2 contests, Steam slow as usual finally got on board and updated UT 3 and GREED Mode is Wild, funny collecting Skulls and now patch 4 is out, another wait on Steam :)

@ Tek, Sorry to hear about your Laptop, I know from experience that its no fun without the Pc:(

Epic released a trailer for the Titan Pack. So, Tek, as you wait, this is for you.
Aww, thank you for remembering me. :) I'll try to watch it now and hope this antique can keep up.

@ Tek, Sorry to hear about your Laptop, I know from experience that its no fun without the Pc:(
Thanks. :)

I plan to download the Titan Pack and patch as soon as I get my replacement notebook up and running. That could be anywhere between March 12 and March 19, provided there aren't any further complications.

I'm not very fond of the new gametypes. But I still like a good round of DM or Freezetag.

There still isn't any anti cheat like UTAN or antitcc, and I think there's a lot of guys haxing. Their aim is just too good, in fact some never miss. I can't believe they don't use punkbuster or something.

Last edited:
Tried it and UT3 still sucks in comparison to UT2004. There still isn't any anticheat like UTAN or antitcc, and I think there's a lot of guys haxing. Their aim is just too good, in fact some never miss. I can't believe they don't use punkbuster or something, its just not any fun to play with cheats. I'm not very fond of the new gametypes either.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I won't be able to play UT3 again until I get my replacement notebook, but even then, I'm not expecting the new patch and Titan Pack to make the game as great as UT2004.

Still, I've been a fan of Epic for a long time now (dating back to ZZT and Epic Pinball), so I want them to find success with this game. I know it's very likely I won't enjoy it as much as UT2004, but I hope that the new patch and new content will help increase the number of people who regularly play UT3.

Well, I am having a lot of fun with the Greed gametype, and I have yet to try Betrayal. It is nice to see servers busy for a change.

But then, I am in the camp that prefers UT99 and UT3 over UT2k4 any day.

this is lame... I have been trying to DL the trial the past 24 hrs and got no where. Either the steam servers are to busy or the download crashes out steam. I have never had this problem before and I have tons of games on Steam.

this is lame... I have been trying to DL the trial the past 24 hrs and got no where. Either the steam servers are to busy or the download crashes out steam. I have never had this problem before and I have tons of games on Steam.
It took me a very long time to get the update, and I mean just the update part. I think the free weekend has caused a huge demand on the Steam servers that hold UT3.

Well, I am having a lot of fun with the Greed gametype, and I have yet to try Betrayal. It is nice to see servers busy for a change.

But then, I am in the camp that prefers UT99 and UT3 over UT2k4 any day.

I didn't mind the greed gametype so much, i just got really bent playing with haxors

Ewoksrule I read on the Steam forums that thier servers are really overworked, bad timing with the Free weekend of UT 3 ,and it was a Full version for 1 weekend, I really hope they hold it again to give guys like yourself a chance to experience Unreal, it may not be as popular as UT@K4 but it sure looks better when those skulls start bouncing around :p

@ OmegaAmen: I agree Greed is fun, going to try out the other gametypes today, I still have not recieved Patch 4 yet, so thats an indicator of how slow and backed up they are right now :)

@ Captain Tea: Its no fun playing with Cheats/Hacks but there are always other servers to try :)

In Unreal 3's defense you also get access to whatever mods people will be coming up with for it. The Unreal engine is a lot more powerful than the source engine and probably easier to work with from what I've seen. There is bound to be at least one good mod released at some time. I don't know about playing UT3 but for someone interested in moding it's certainly something to look into getting. That's why I originally bought Unreal 2004 way back when.

Last edited:
Back