VCTF?

Captain_Tea

I enjoy Vehicle Capture the Flag and was wondering if you guys would like it on the server. I was thinking of putting the moveXMP mod for VCTF as well, it makes the movement like the old U2XMP which was a blast. What's your thoughts?

VCTF isn't quite Warfare, but it's the next best thing. Any excuse to bust out the Manta and PANCAKE some fellow ToJ members is a good one.

I like all the other game types in UT3, and I would not mind seeing some variety on the server. So, in short, I am interested.

As for the mod you mentioned, I have no idea what it is or what it does. So I don't have an opinion on that.

I play that already. :) I don't have that particular mod though. i'll be looking forward to a game.

Last edited:
I have always been a DM or TDM person, with a little CTF on occasion, I am for it if you all want too, maybe I can find a Pirate Ship vehicle skin, lol, Bring it on!!!!

I put VCTF on this morning :D. I made it so you can vote for it with and without XMP movement. Just press F5 and select one or the other. Will start looking at custom maps if the gametype is popular, and even if its not :p

VCTF isn't quite Warfare, but it's the next best thing. Any excuse to bust out the Manta and PANCAKE some fellow ToJ members is a good one.

I chose VCTF over Warfare because it doesn't take as many peeps to make it fun IMHO.

Let me know if you guys like the XMP mutator. If you don't like it i'll take it off the server.

The VCTF is a nice change of pace, as for the XMP movements, well to me its not like the original except the wide dodge, if we could get rid of the jump at the end, it messed me up in yesterdays Lunchtime match a little, but everyone should voice their opinion on this.....

I always hated VCTF, it was right behind Insta-Gib and Invasion on my list of Least Favorite Gametypes. Then again, I was always a TDM/TAM player and much prefer that to even ONS or AS. UT was made for TDM, and bringing vehicles into the mix just ruined it for me.

I always hated VCTF, it was right behind Insta-Gib and Invasion on my list of Least Favorite Gametypes. Then again, I was always a TDM/TAM player and much prefer that to even ONS or AS. UT was made for TDM, and bringing vehicles into the mix just ruined it for me.

The VCTF in UT3 is a lot more fun in than it was in ut2004. The hoverboard add's a lot to the gametype imho. I like the UT3 vehicles a lot more than ut2004's as well.

Then again, I was always a TDM/TAM player and much prefer that to even ONS or AS.
Much <3 for TAM. I'd rather be using the weapons than trying to find them.

And, as always, much <3 for Onslaught. "PANCAKE!"

Yeah, TAM was by far my favorite gametype. Put everyone on as even a playing field as possible and see who's the better player. I loved the ability to force models and colors and the fact that you started with all your weapons.

I also loved getting that rare "Dark Horse!"

Ponies!! :D

Yeah, TAM was by far my favorite gametype. Put everyone on as even a playing field as possible and see who's the better player. I loved the ability to force models and colors and the fact that you started with all your weapons.

I also loved getting that rare "Dark Horse!"

Ponies!! :D

I miss the UTCOMP we used in UT2K4 as well, you could customize SOooo much, it was especially nice to force the enemy to one character and make him/Her red for easy spotting, unfortunately UTcomp is not compatable with UT 3, but you should try VCTF out Bakey, I was always a DM/TDM person but I have found the vehicles to be more fun and to be a extension of your reach within the game, not to mention Captain Tea really picked out some fun maps, and if you don't like VCTF then hit F5 and call a vote :)

The latest maps are a lot of fun to play, DM-LikeRankin is very close, layout wise, to the original, its a blast to play in, Cya all soon :)

Back