Voice

most toj voice chat is done via teamspeak however the wow guild pays for a ventrillo server. The teamspeak server is provided by the cga. you can contact stc95 to have a channeol setup for you if you wish.

For aion, i would prefer Vent ;D
The trouble with Vent is that it costs money to rent a Vent server.

Tribe of Judah does have a Vent server for its Warhammer Online and World of WarCraft guilds, but those guilds are expected to cover the server rental expenses.

With the guild just getting off the ground, it might be better to use the CGA TeamSpeak server (on which Tribe of Judah already has several channels) as it's completely free. If Tribe of Judah's Aion guild were to use the ToJ Ventrilo server, it would be only fair to expect Aion guild members to donate funds to help pay for the server rental.

I plan to discuss this topic at greater length with guild leaders from our WoW, WAR, Aion, and Champions Online guilds in our Staff Forum once a new Aion Chapter/Guild Leader is appointed, but feel free to discuss the matter here, too.

I've been using vent for more/less 6 years now. Although i've downloaded it before, i've not used teamspeak once!

Edit: i suppose a website would be ez. a domain is like $10/yr and webspace is pretty chill to find.
something simple prolly would do good to draw players in. even if it's just a reflection of information already posted.

Last edited:
There's nothin' like a www.yourname.com tho.

edit, plus it's easier for people to remember. yea, we'd all prolly remember toj.cc/aion pretty easy, but for someone who doesn't know anything about toj or cga, or what not, ourname.com would be much simpler. i'm not saying "GET A DOMAIN NOW PLX", just shouting out an idea, which is kinda funny cuz i was trying to throw the whole idea out the window in the first place (then again, that was dealing with a site, not a domain).

double edit: yes, i do double edits a lot, hah. Sorry for going so far off topic.

Last edited:
A domain name might be easier to remember, but (1) it costs money to register a domain name and (2) it costs money to set up an additional hosting account. Money that would go toward a second domain name and a second web hosting account would be better spent on a Ventrilo server rental or other expenses. Tribe of Judah relies 100% on member donations, so we need to be prudent with our money.

Not only that, but if people can't remember "toj.cc/aion," they can probably at least remember "toj.cc" and just find the link for the Aion chapter site on the navigation menu. Failing that, people could search for "Tribe of Judah Aion" using Google.

Of course, the point is moot until someone volunteers to design an Aion chapter site anyway.

i dunno, $10/yr should be easy enuf. i have a small ammount of webspace we could use if we wanted. for free.. as long as it didn't go over the 1gb thing per month or however that goes. the only issue there, in my eyes, would be updating the site. it could take a while if i were not on my computer when the updates were sent to me. it'd also be php-less, etc. anyways, again, just ideas ;D

i dunno, $10/yr should be easy enuf. i have a small ammount of webspace we could use if we wanted. for free.. as long as it didn't go over the 1gb thing per month or however that goes. the only issue there, in my eyes, would be updating the site. it could take a while if i were not on my computer when the updates were sent to me. it'd also be php-less, etc. anyways, again, just ideas ;D
Our current web hosting costs $20 a month, supports PHP, MySQL, ColdFusion, and other libraries. We have (if I remember correctly) 6GB of storage, most of which is still available. Our web host has a 99.99% uptime guarantee. Overall, it's a pretty sweet setup. (It better be for $20.)

I think the costs of operating a separate web site with a separate domain name far outweigh the benefits. Now purchasing an additional domain name and having it redirect to toj.cc/aion once it's built would be reasonable, provided chapter members would be willing to cover the expense of domain name renewals (and, of course, provided our web hosting service supports that kind of setup, which I'm pretty sure it does).

well, yea. the domain would just be forwarded to the toj address. pretty much a mask. but yea, i think that'd work well. bascially just the same thing, cept instead of my net space, it'd be toj's netspace. prolly be good to use some of that ginormous 6gb ;D

i could prolly scrounge up $10 for a year domain. this would just have to be after the guild is up and running and things aren't looking like WaR did. however, i'll wait for a legion leader for his/her decisions.

Last edited:
http://www.dreamhost.com has fantastic service, unlimited bandwidth, awesome price plans and features and includes 5 free domain registrations. I have loved their service for the last two years.

the nly issue is if you leave then the domain goes with you. Any domain registered for a TOJ chapter needs to be under the toj umbrella ahndled by toj directly(this means tek).

ok, sry for bringing up any suggestions. please scrap the ideas of ventrilo, teamspeak, a domain, or webhosting. any word on the name change yet?

nothing wrong with suggestion things. toj has had issues with things being done outside of toj for toj then that person leaves and everything goes with that person and it does not stay within toj. coordinate with tek..

ok, sry for bringing up any suggestions. please scrap the ideas of ventrilo, teamspeak, a domain, or webhosting.
No need to apologize! It's encouraging to see members bring suggestions to help make Tribe of Judah better. I didn't mean to "shoot down" anyone trying to make suggestions. I just wanted to explain why we do the way things we do.

Ten years is a lot of time to figure out how to run a Christian gaming group, but we're never finished learning, so please keep the suggestions coming!

On a related note: The CGA TeamSpeak Server now has a channel available for Tribe of Judah Aion guild members. See this thread about how to join the CGA TS Server.

And a quick reminder for everyone: Discussion of the Aion guild using Tribe of Judah's current Ventrilo server or renting a separate Vent server will commence once a new Guild Leader is appointed.

any word on the name change yet?
Eh? Name change? Do you mean for the guild?

Back