VoiceOverlay

Ambryana

While browsing the net this morning, I came upon a mod called VoiceOverlay.
It's a TS/Vent mod that displays a list of everyone in the channel with you so you don't have to alt-tab out to see who's talking. It gets rid of the question "Who are you? I don't know your voice." For some of us that use TS infrequently (*looks around innocently*) this could help a ton.

http://www.voice-overlay.info.ms/

I've been playing with this a bit this morning. While it's not truly a wow mod, it is a very handy little deal. Setup is rather simple. The only downside is that it's hard to find a good spot on the screen for it, as I have so much other junk. It's also not freefloating - it can only be set to 1 of 9 positions, and it doesn't move.

Hmmm, not wanting to sponser a ripoff, but I've always thought that a mod like this that simply added a smallish green dot beside a player's icon in party, raid, or CTraid would be cool. The dot would simply turn on and off depending on who was talking.

Anyhow, I think this is definitely progress :)

Editted: Apparently I'm too sick to think out full sentences.

unfortunately, it doesn't actually interface with WoW, it just prints data on your screen in front of WoW. But it would be an intereting idea. The only downside is that you would have to change your name in the overlay (or TS) everytime you change chars

My understanding (I haven't used it as I have a g15 keyboard which can show me and I run dual monitor) is the overlay piggybacks directdraw interface and has no requirement on WoW itself.

[7F]Hawk said:
My understanding (I haven't used it as I have a g15 keyboard which can show me and I run dual monitor) is the overlay piggybacks directdraw interface and has no requirement on WoW itself.
What mod is your G15 using, and can you show me a link? I also have a Logitech G15.

Back