Wanting to join you...

XionTawa

Well, I have played EQ2 before, and would love to come over and join you guys, but I would like explain my situation and let me know what you guys think...

I play WoW, not really hardcore but not casual either...kind of in between the 2... Well, one of the main reasons I enjoy playing WoW is mostly for the fellowship of the guild I play with (around 300 Christians) and the fact I have close family and friends that play with me... Honestly, I think WoW needs much improvements and compared to even much older MMOs is lacks so much...really the only thing it has over most games is the stuff to do at 80...

Anyways, I have been wanting to move away from WoW for quite some time, but will not if I cannot bring my friends and family with me... Now I know that you are a much smaller group the my current WoW guild...but I think I would be alright with that if I could get my friends and family to come with me...

Now, my bro is heavy into raiding and doesn't really want to leave WoW, and my Wife just got into Outland and is getting really into playing WoW for the first time...and one of my friends probably wouldn't go over to EQ2 even if I paid him because he is not really a gamer, and only ever really like WoW...

I am not very confident I could get my friends and family to come over, and I am not quite sure what I am going to do, I will be doing some thinking and praying... And in the meantime I would just like to know what you guys think about this...and if you have ideas or suggestions...thanks :)

There is one feature that i think makes the game stand head and shoulders above all other MMOs in regards to what you said. That is "Mentoring" Mentoring is awesome because no matter how fast you level you can always group with your family at their level!

here is a blurb that describes it.
Selecting "Mentor" will make you appear and perform as if you were the same level as your Apprentice. It will be as if you were that level with a full bar of XP, and had all of the abilities that a person with a full experience bar of that level would have (for levels in which you get new abilities part of the way through).

Mentors will be able to continue using their existing equipment. There is no need to get diffferent sets of equipment for mentoring people of different levels.

Mentors can use any spell or combat art for their class that is in line with their Apprentice's level.

The Apprentice will receive an experience bonus while under the guidance of a Mentor. Up to 5 other players can act as a Mentor for a single player at the same time. Each subsequent person Mentoring an Apprentice adds to the bonus experience that the Apprentice receives. A single Apprentice can be mentored by up to five other people.

The Mentors and Apprentice will receive experience, loot, and quest credit as if the Mentor were the same level as the Apprentice.

Mentors do receive viable amounts of experience and advance toward their actual level while mentoring, though at a slightly reduced rate. The rates will fluctuate while this feature is in testing.

How cool is that?!? I can tell you from experience it is super cool and actually adds a whole bunch of components to the game. If you love questing and realized you missed a great legendary quest chain back at lvl 20 and you are now 40, you can all find a lvl 20 in the zone and mentor down to his/her level so you can do the chain and receive full credit.

But the best is that there is no worry about out leveling your friends on the way to 80.

That is just one thing I would mention to them. That on top of the crazy amt of class/race combos, incredible zones to explore, the 1000s of quests, the great lore, deep crafting and AWESOME player housing with player made furniture. (PS. I love the housing! here are some pics of my old place before I moved to a 4bedroom. click here. OF course if you google it you will find wayy better places then mine...)

Last edited:
First thing I would do and which you said is to Pray about it. Another thing that you can have them try and suggest to them is a 14 day free trial account.There are many features I think that EQ2 has that have been done right. But all games have there tender spots in the game that they need to work on. Ewoksrule was talking about housing and I like how EQ2 has worked out there housing and Guild halls. Here are a couple pictures of our Guild hall. I will post more pictures of the guild hall soon as I can. Guild structure in EQ2 I think is well structured, it gives a purpose for guilds and how it helps people play there characters and have fun.

May the Lord Bless you and your House
Proverb

So like, what all is there to do at 80... Like in WoW I can do daily quests, work on raising rep, build up my trade skills, get addicted to achievements, raid, or do battlegrounds/Wintergrasp... What does EQ2 offer at 80...

Hmm...had many more questions but I just forgot them...lol...oh yeah... How's class balance, can you be just as good as anyone with any class as long as you are a good player, or are certain classes tend to be a bit better like in WoW...?

EDIT: One thing I think is something every MMO should have (that WoW is adding finally after 4 years) is a way to obtain great gear by soloing, so that in order to be good you don't have to have a group for something, is there someway to well gear your character at 80 by yourself?

Last edited:
The new expansion just added 20+ new zones and most of them are for top level toons. Tons of new raids and new group dungeons, but from what I hear there is still a lot of solo content. One thing that is cool about EQ2 is that instances have different selectable versions. On many of the doors to an instance you can select if you want the Solo, Group, or Raid version and it scales inside accordingly.

A good portion of the legendary quests can be done with just a partner or two. Each class also has a epic weapon quest that is soloable for most of the chain all the way to the reward. (a few bosses will need a small group) Then it can be upgraded to a mythical weapon but only through raid content. So there is some great loot to work towards from solo and small group content, but of course the raids are where the best stuff drops.

Last edited:
THAT IS AWESOME!!! I am currently playing on the free trial with a "fake" account, but if I decide to get back in I will be playing my actual account... I have 13 more days of play, I am playing a Monk named Noix, add me to your friends list so I can talk and possibly see the guild part of the game...

Just added ya to my friends list my main is Arel. You dont have to be guilded to see the guild hall, stop in love to show ya around. Our Guild hall is in North Qeynos. :)

Back