War3 Mod

TastyWheat

I'm sure many of you have checked out the Warcraft 3 mod for Counter-Strike. I'm hooked on it myself (cTs has 2 servers that are just War3!). Although it does turn the game more into deathmatch than objective-oriented, it's loads of fun just to unleash cool player abilities on people. I don't know if it's a plugin or not that you can just turn on and off or whether its a total-server type of thing, but if it is something we can turn on and off at will, what do you guys think about having a Friday (or other day) fun night with War3 turned on? Does anybody know exactly how it works?

I did a little more research into this mod (although I should have done research before i posted =/ ) and I found that you can enable and disable the mod in the game. That means that on command we would be able to change the server to WarCraft 3...hehehe...

Thoughts people

Sorry TWheat, but I'm personally against it. What I like about Counter Strike is how "realistic" it can be, and also how strategy and team play are such fundamental parts of its gameplay. Put another "mod" - like Warcraft3 - on top, and the things of the game I like are lost. If so, one might as well play Quake, Unreal, or anything along the lines.

Counter Strike has its unique characteristics, and those are the things I like about it. I say keep them.

Personally i think its fun if its played properly. But i have seen a lot of people just going full invisible and running around knifing or camping. It does have its moments though.. im not sure we should have it on our server as there are 2 cts servers you can go to.. even though the langauge there is horrendous.

I just go where the other toj guys are.. whatever mod it is.

I think it's a blast to play but doesn't need to be on our server.

cTs has two to play on that's enough for me

Ok, just seeing what you all thought
biggrin.gif

/me closes this topic

if you want to play this on your home-made server go here to install. WarCraft 3 mod You'll need metamod and amx to make it work though, you kind find tons of resources online about getting those and installing them.

If you just want to play with it, visit a server that has it installed, such as 2 of the cTs servers. The ips are 198.247.231.35:27015 (20 Person CS/War3 Server) and 198.247.231.47:27015 (12 Person CS/War3 Server).

There is no download for the mod.. except a few wavs if i remember.. just connect and play.

It plays on whatever maps are on the server so usually stock maps like aztec and storm are good ones to do.

The only thing that is really annoying about this mod is invisible knife campers.. you will know what i mean when u play it.

hey if you can't beat it learn from it, it's a fine tactic for those players who just run fast and shoot at moving objects.

invisible knife campers only bother me when i've painstakingly combed the entire map looking for them, and they suddenly pop out...when i decide to run and gun with the para i have it coming to me!
laugh.gif

Back