Web Coder and Design Gurus

Plankeye

I am in the process of rewriting the Tribe of Judah website.  It is a big job and I am looking for some help.  Listed below are some elements of the site I am seeking assitance with:

Template Designer:
- Needs experience writing cross browser HTML (that means it has to function and look good in IE, Netscape, Opera, Mozzilla as that is what the majority of the hits are from)
- Experience writing HTML pages for dynamic sites a plus
- No frames
- Needs to have a modular design. Contact me for exact requirements.

Graphic Designer:
- Create interchangeable graphics for the final template
- Photoshop, Fireworks or Paintshop experience a plus
- Create different designs for the various chapters and sub chapters

Coders:
- Help writing the various modules that will make up the site
- Experience with a scripting language against a database is a must.
- Experience with Cold Fusion and MS SQL Server a plus
- Experience with Content Management System design a plus too

Flash:
- Find free games (preferably arcade style) out there and convert them to keep highscores.
- Create various flash files that integrate with the site, IE news tickers or fancy titles.
- Experience with ActionScript a plus.
- Examples of existing flash games with high scores available upon request.

So, if you have some time and can contribute, please respond back to this thread or drop me an email for more details.

well, it wont let me email you, as your email address is private
tounge.gif
I can do photoshop stuff, some php coding, a little flash, and etc misc stuff... and I can follow orders... unless their from flashon ;)

Piligrim, I would love to get some more games integrated into the website. We currently have Pacman and Space Invaders which I got to work on the site and keep highscores. Think you would be able to find some other games and add in the ability to keep high scores?

Rizz, I love this wallpaper: http://www.toj.cc/files/download.cfm?intFileID=19 Do you think you could make a website out of it or like it? Also I better layout the design specs. I would like to make this similar in design and navigation. When I say that, I mean placement of key components of the site. IE, when you look at the current site, the first row is the title, second row consists of Top level navigation elements. Third row consists of three columns of modules. Fourth row is another top level navigation bar and the fifth row is site and copyright info. If you need more info on the layout, please let me know.

Oops, forgot to post my email. It is plankeye (at) cgalliance org

I dunno much about web design apart from a bit of html. i am of the understanding that if i make a psd file with all the layers as stuff then you can easily convert that into a website? or is that flash?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]E, when you look at the current site, the first row is the title, second row consists of Top level navigation elements. Third row consists of three columns of modules. Fourth row is another top level navigation bar and the fifth row is site and copyright info. If you need more info on the layout, please let me know.

Maybe im dumb but what i see there is la la la la la la la la la la ...

I know HTML, PHP, and MySQL if you need any help from me. I don't have any experience with ColdFusion, but I am willing to learn.

Rizz, yes, I could take PSD and break it apart into the various graphics needed to make a site. I am sending you an email with more detail.

Tolkien, Cold Fusion is pretty easy to pickup. But, there are projects that are PHP based that could be enhanced to be used by the Cold Fusion pages.

I am working on a project list with Tek and whatever feedback I receive from my other post about the website. As soon as I have that compiled, I will start divying it up to those who are interested.

I know HTML, PHP and MySQL as well. Not sure what help I'd be, but I am willing to help if needed.

I also have some experience with Fireworks, so I am a graphic person also.

ooh, interested

I hab, photoshop 7.0, know HTML, so i guess i could help out more on graphics rather then web, since i only know HTML, but i'm willing.
biggrin.gif

Cool. I am a couple weeks out from finishing up the base for the new site. This time around I am making it completly skinable so I'll need a couple of you photoshop gurus to make up some cool designs for the various chapters. I'll keep you guys informed as I get closer to having something ready to go.

Back