[Weekly - W] Now Playing

Been more than a week, but............................. TODAY IS THE DAY EXPAC COMES OUT!!!.....................
45 MINS. OH yah, stuck at 5:00 in Mah Jongg.

some eve, some competitive OW and HOTS though.

really craving some final fantasy tactics though.

Not a ton of gaming this last week, mostly dabbling in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite and Destiny 2, but dabbling is about the right verb.

Did start on Banner Saga on my tablet finally. Hooboy. I'd play that over the aforementioned right now. Game so good.

I think I made it through another fight or maybe two in Banner Saga. Game is pretty great. Kinda wish I were playing it on console, but it works fabulously on my tablet. I like it so much that I'd buy it again (on PS4) if it were on a big ol' sale for $5.

Grinded out a few idle-time matches in Power Rangers: Legacy Wars. Not sure when gaming on my phone/tablet became my main game source. Probably the accessibility and minimal time commitment. haha

Destiny 2 is still very much my jam. I haven't made a ton of progress on my powering up game, but I've enjoyed what I've done. Game definitely steals my "serious game time" every chance it gets. I tell myself "I'm gonna play something else!" After three minutes of flipping through my game collection, I end up right back at Destiny. I'd be more upset if it weren't so good.

And got a couple minutes into Axiom Verge. I'm not sold on it living up to the promises of...whatever insane thing it promised to be...but it's a super-respectable Metroidvania game with 16-bit flair. Rock solid game, but more throwback than innovative or particularly creative at this point.

Despite the list, Destiny's the only one to get meaningful time this week. And that's probably gonna suffer for the coming weeks while I grind out the job hunt. (Not to mention I'll be spending Thursday-Tuesday in Florida so my family can spend some time with my side of the family.)

eve-logo-flare2.png

War Thunder's matchmaking mechanic has forever been annoying me, pitting planes and tanks against better planes and tanks they have no business fighting. It reached a climax this week when, yet again, I was in match after match where I lobbed useless rounds at tanks that shrugged off the annoyance and turned to destroy me with one shot.

In my frustration, I bought Subnautica and began playing that instead. Ah, the sweet, blissful peace of a single-player game...

Still Puzzle & Dragons. Game is still fun, but the inventory management portion is increasingly annoying.

Some Metroid: Samus Returns, but not as much as I'd like.

A little bit of Overwatch on Friday and Team Fortress 2 on Tuesday.

On a related note, Overwatch Fridays are a regular event now! Join us on the CGA Discord Server at 8:30 p.m. Central (9:30 p.m. Eastern) for Overwatch.

My older daughter has been asking me for weeks to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild, so I finally indulged her and explored the frozen northern reaches until I found the last--well, I won't spoil anything. But it was a really cool discovery and the end of a three-part side quest.

I'm hoping to start the Trial of the Sword DLC in Breath of the Wild some time this week. I thought about switching over to Master Mode before I start it, but, nope. Not that brave. If/when I activate Master mode, it will probably be for a second run through the game in a year's (or more) time.

Grinded out a few idle-time matches in Power Rangers: Legacy Wars. Not sure when gaming on my phone/tablet became my main game source.
The moment your first child was born? :)

Or wait, maybe that was the moment for me...

haven't played very much.

looking at getting a 2ds or psp for mobile gaming more with a little kiddo

haven't played very much.

looking at getting a 2ds or psp for mobile gaming more with a little kiddo
Between the two, I'd recommend a 2DS. You have the entire 3DS library PLUS the DS library to choose from.

Side note: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is one of the greatest games ever. EVER.

Between the two, I'd recommend a 2DS. You have the entire 3DS library PLUS the DS library to choose from.

Side note: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is one of the greatest games ever. EVER.
So I got 1 3DS for $42, the La gremiore ? version one. great condition with charger.

Downloaded some demos today.

looking at bravely default and FFV. We're unsure of pokemon sun and moon. played demo and felt weird.

Looking for 2nd 2ds/3DS so wife and I can find games to play together.

Played the open beta of Star Wars: Battlefront II (which ended today). I've pre-ordered it. Looking forward to when it releases next month. In the meantime, back to Subnautica.

So I got 1 3DS for $42, the La gremiore ? version one. great condition with charger.
Good deal. Personally, I'd have nominated the Vita (or even the PSP, because so many games and such good price; also, they cracked the proprietary memory issue a long time ago), but still good stuff.

Last week, I played "visit family in Florida." No gaming. lol

Oh wait. Did get a couple quick matches of Power Rangers in to get my prizes. But basically no gaming.

And the next couple of days will be pretty scarce. I have to cram a lot of work hours into the remaining days of the week despite having other relatives here the next few days. Whoof.

yeah so I just bought a 2DS, near brand new for $52 on ebay.

Took about 3-weeks but finally got a good deal on there.

Baller.

You could always get Smash. Smash is best. Mario Kart 7 is also awesome. I got a digital copy code from a bundle via eBay, I think, for under $20 on that one.

mmm, interesting.

I'm still pretty new to the nintendo paradigm so I thought streetpass was something you had to pay for to do online play XD
(thank you xbox)

I did just pick up two copies of final fantasy explorers since that looked really cute and fun for both of us. Ebay had em for $10-FS so looking forward to that

Back