[Weekly - W] Now Playing

overwatch weekend was fun but a lot of heroes of the storm. we've noted that the girls in our small group really like playing it for the co-op.

I did create two new 'toons on my alt, a Revenant class available only through HoT named Deplorable Asuran, and a dedicated WvW toon a healing elementalist named Quacking Quaker. Yes that is spelled right. Yes I get a little goofy while playing GW2, I blame it all on the interaction between me and my characters.
Love it. :)

overwatch weekend was fun but a lot of heroes of the storm. we've noted that the girls in our small group really like playing it for the co-op.
Add me on Battle.net! Tek#1359

I'm looking to get the Genji skin for Overwatch. I doubt I'll play the remaining 28 games (played 2 last night) for the other HotS heroes, but we'll see.

D'oh! I missed last week! But better late than never, eh?

So I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons (surprise!) and making progress in Wind Waker (which my older daughter refers to as "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA WIND WAKER THROWING A GIANT PIG OVER THE OCEAN"--but that's a story for another time).

I've played 8 of the 15 games of Heroes of the Storm I need to play to unlock the Oni skin for Genji in Overwatch. Only 7 to go!

I haven't had an opportunity to team up with fellow CGA community members for an Overwatch match yet, but I'm hoping to soon!

Still playing Puzzle & Dragons.

And Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Cleared what I believe to be one of the final dungeons and heading toward the end of the game.

And Team Fortress 2. Last night's TF2sday was a blast! @BananaGirl reading How The Grinch Stole Christmas was a highlight. :D

Mostly played Pokemon Sun. Just about to enter post-game. Or just entered it. The lines are unclear on where that actually begins, but I did see the credits roll and started/finished the epilogue. Whatever the case, this is probably the best Pokemon I've played. Black/White got pretty great in its story presentation, too, but Sun/Moon play wonderfully and make some sweet changes (hello, Ride Pokemon). Just totally top notch.

Plus, there's that Incineroar-specific Z-Move that is an (incorrectly named but still totally) awesome pro wrestling nod. :D

With Mom-in-law here most of the last (W-W) week, I didn't do much PS4 gaming. Haven't made much progress on Witcher 3 because of it, but the game lives up to the hype so far.

Did pick up Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on PS4 with its surprise release. Game doesn't support legacy controllers, so I'm playing on pad. /shudder Still great to hear Deadpool spout off things like, "PINEAPPLE SURPRISE!" and "katana-rama!" lol

With Mom-in-law here most of the last (W-W) week, I didn't do much PS4 gaming. Haven't made much progress on Witcher 3 because of it, but the game lives up to the hype so far.
Yes, I could see how playing Witcher 3 with your mother-in-law around might be an awkward experience.

The jokes write themselves. :D

Bought Heart of Thorns during the half off sale for my alt account, so yup gonna be GW2. Not to mention Crack in the Ice has been released and on my main still stuck on Ember Bay and 2/3 through HoT.

A day late, but reporting in nonetheless!

Still playing Puzzle & Dragons, though I'm in a bit of a lull since I've cleared most of the game's content.

Made it as far as the entrance to the final boss's room in Zelda Wind Waker, but I decided to backtrack to collect the remaining treasure maps and re-explore the open seas now that I have all items.

Played Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 with Tribe of Judah folks this week and had a blast!

A little late. Life happens. ;)

My best friend in the area, and my brother, both got Destiny on PS4 this week, so we've been playing it the last couple of nights. I love the game, even when I was playing it largely solo. Playing it as intended, though, in a fireteam of three with two of your favorite people? Oh my gosh. The game is so much better. We actually can run strikes as Bungie intended, and it's top notch. Falling in love with the game all over again.

Said friend bought me Smash 3DS, so I've got that now. Also, wife and I have been playing a good deal of Stardew Valley, which absolutely does not disappoint in the slightest. Was very happy to buy that day-one on PS4 and show the indie love.

D'oh! All my days got mixed up this week with the short work week, so I'm late, but here I go!

I bought StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void when it was on sale in late November, but it was on backorder and didn't arrive until last Monday. I've since installed it and started on the campaign and it's been wonderful to play a solid RTS on a PC with a keyboard and mouse again.

Played a round of Heroes of the Storm last night and managed to not embarrass myself. In all fairness, I was playing as Li Li, so as long as I stayed somewhat close to my team during team fights, spammed Q and E, and didn't feed the enemy, I could say I made a contribution. I've played 11 games of the 15 I need to unlock the Oni skin for Genji in Overwatch. Only 4 to go!

Speaking of Overwatch, I tried to play one match this week...and got 5 minutes in before my younger daughter woke up crying and I had to abandon the match. :/

Even though I'm off work today and Monday, I probably won't be able to get much gaming in because we'll be frantically cleaning today to try to make a place for a Christmas tree.

(And yes, I'm still playing Puzzle & Dragons.)

Last 10 days been playing something called Real Life. One little hiccup when I loaded Klondike on my Kindle Fire HDX.

Been playing a mix of overwatch, heroes of the storm, starcraft and even WoW O_O!

My WoW subscription died yesterday though so that died too.

Wanting to play more games on steamlink, we bought Battleblock theater and some other fun 4-player games.

@Tek7 curious to hear your thoughts on Legacy of the Void. My wife just finished it (Christmas Present), and she had some thoughts about it.

Oy, I'm a day late again!

I finished Zelda Wind Waker earlier this week. I'll probably go back to Wind Waker at some point to collect the remaining heart pieces and treasure charts. Further in the future, I'll probably start a new quest, too, and pay special attention to that translated Hylian text. :>

The same night I finished Wind Waker, I started Pikmin 3. It's been a lot of fun so far and another great game my older daughter loves to watch me play. Tomorrow I'll take a second shot at the first boss and see if I can defeat him losing fewer Pikmin this time.

Aaand still playing Puzzle & Dragons.

Oh! And I wrapped up my 15 games of Heroes of the Storm to unlock the Oni skin for Genji in Overwatch.

And I even got in a few rounds of Overwatch last night!

Two days later!

Still playing Puzzle & Dragons.

And Pikmin 3.

And I've start playing Just Cause 3 again. Not for the kiddos, but so fun.

Back