[Weekly - W] Now Playing

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 takes the cake with 26+ hours in a month. Granted those happen when I'm pooping, waiting, sleepless with baby, etc.

Amazing how mucch time can be found in a day..... makes me feel like I could be so much more productive XD
I strongly recommend using that available time to get your house tidied and jettison everything you don't need or really want. Once that second child comes along, what little free time you did have will suddenly implode.

Or maybe that's just how it went for me, I don't know.

I strongly recommend using that available time to get your house tidied and jettison everything you don't need or really want. Once that second child comes along, what little free time you did have will suddenly implode.

Or maybe that's just how it went for me, I don't know.

yeah we're not sure on that yet. Wife is thinking of waiting 4 years to quit her job to join my business and have our second kid. I'm not sure about the age gap though.... so we'll see :)

We also might not be the most worried about cleanliness? We figure we have people over enough, we'll just clean when company is coming XD

Started playing Battlefront II. Aside from the fact that new players get the worst weapons/gear and have to earn better stuff while playing against people with the best stuff, it is pretty fun. Side-grades would have been preferable to direct upgrades, but given how much EA bungled the entire thing I'm happy only this is bothering me right now.

Wednesday nights are crazy busy (so are Thursdays), so I'm late making this post. Life happens.

Still playing Puzzle & Dragons and enjoying it more since I scaled back my play time. I cleared some difficult content that I'd previously ignored and had a good time.

Haven't played much Super Mario Odyssey this week. :( I recently cleared the main quest and the post-game appears to be humongous, so looking forward to getting back to it.

Still only about 2 hours in to Persona 5, but enjoying what I've played so far. Persona games are consistently slow to warm up and this one's no different. Not a complaint!

Based on how full the map is and what I see in the background of the levels, I'm guessing I'm nearing the end of Metroid: Samus Returns and it's bittersweet. This is the 2D (well, 2.5D, I guess?) Metroid that I wanted all those years I was playing my DS Lite almost every day. I had to wait a long, long, long time for a new handheld Metroid game but this one's been a joy to play. But like a good book, I just don't want to see it end. Not yet. :|

Two days late, but:

I don't feel like I've gamed a ton this week. I think that's probably because I've dabbled in some new stuff on mobile. Also, I was gone three days for Thanksgiving. :p

Been getting my daily logins on Puzzle and Dragons and Brave Exvius. Haven't actually played much of either. Have installed a number of digitized tabletop games. Played a couple matches of Ascension with a friend, and that's been awesome. Somehow, I've been winning, but I think it's just a game design thing meant to give free users wins so they want to buy more content. (Which is actually quite cheap, but that's not the point. :p )

Just installed Puzzle Fighter last night. It's actually pretty good on mobile. I hear there's pay-to-win, but I also hear that you can get into gold league (or whatever the game has) without spending any money. While I get that there are many (you know who you are) that would prefer a one-time five dollar purchase, I'm actually okay with the progression system that comes with their f2p model so far.

Have played a total of half an hour of Doom at this point. Tops. Oh well. Finally got my Dual Skana in Warframe, but I'm disappointed that the two blades do not appear to be equal length, so it doesn't yield quite the aesthetic I was hoping for. (I was creating Space Deadpool, or Spacepool if you prefer.)

If i could play eve while pooping, that'd be great.

Well if u use TeamViewer on ur computer, and install it on your cell phone, u could play eve while pooping.

I've done it :)

Star Wars: Battlefront II.

It becomes a lot more enjoyable after unlocking several of the alternate weapons and abilities. I may not feel like I am on an equal footing with people who have unlocked everything, but I have found a setup that works for me until I have those other items unlocked.

It's Wednesday already?!

I think I mostly played Ascension and Star Realms on mobile, with a side of Brave Exvius and daily PAD logins.

I don't know that I've actually done much/any PS4 gaming since last post. I booted up Path of Exile on PC, but played for maybe fifteen minutes?

Tabletop-to-mobile conversions are gaming life right now.

This week: More Puzzle & Dragons and not enough Super Mario Odyssey or Persona 5.

I installed Puzzle Fighter mobile out of dedication to the original game and its PlayStation 3 port, but I've only made it as far as finishing the tutorial. The art is...different, so I have my doubts I'll be sticking with it. We'll see.

It's Wednesday already?!
I know, right? Welcome to parenting, yo.

FFT:A2G i feel like is nearly done. i really want it done so I don't keep playing it XD

Thats pretty much all the time I have for

Played the Monster Hunter World beta over the weekend. Demo/beta wasn't great with respect to being indicative of the overall series experience, but it made me excited for the game as an existing fan of the series. Looking forward to when I can get it for $30. :p

Mostly played my deckbuilders--Ascension and Star Realms. Trying to keep ahead of my friends in wins, but have lost a couple of SR matches by way of insane turns of 20+ damage. Lost my win streak in Ascension, but games have been pretty close there. A three man game ended with all our scores between 60-65, and just finished a standard two man game with an even score of 79-79. Ascension so good.

Letting Final Fantasy Brave Exvius auto battles run while doing other things is a nice way to continue progression even when I don't have time to focus. Hate to have bad news for Tek, but it's definitely my go to gacha game at this point. Been running the raid over and over so I can grind out some sweet gear. Tomorrow is a new (first) Final Fantasy VII collab. I'm not exactly the captain of the FF7 hype train, but I'm glad to see it finally getting represented in FFBE.

Oh, and finally finished Mega Man 5 last night in Mega Man Legacy Collection on PS4. First time I've ever finished it. Hoping to get through Mega Man 6 between today and tomorrow so I can start on Legacy Collection 2 soon. I've never played Mega Man 7 or 8, so I'm looking forward to that. (I've got one of these doodads for fighting games, but it's possibly even better for Mega Man games.)

yeah Megaman 7 and 8 are fantastic. I really enjoyed them.

Im 1 battle away from beating FFT:A2 so im pretty stoked to actually be finishing a game.

Thinking of getting GW2:HOTS for the idle side of it.

welp,

been playing overcooked with friends, powered through ac:unity yesterday, took way longer than howlongtobeat.com suggested it would, I'm terrible at stealth, and hoping to cut back on games for a bit

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Waifu gave me the PS4 1.5+2.5 game for Christmas (when I managed to scoop it up for $20 in the days following Black Friday). My save has an hour clocked on it. Actual time is a little bit less than that. haha In any case, I love that there's this certain kind of "out there"-ness that could be easily attributed to Squeenix or Disney, and the game somehow works so well as a combination of the two.

Picked up some more digitized tabletop games on mobile, but haven't gotten to really dive into them yet. Still playing multiple asynchronous matches of Star Realms and Ascension. Both of which are oh-so-good and highly recommended. Ascension's core set is freely downloaded, and you can play online with it. It's so good even when only playing core set matches. :D

fd1f632099404d13bb4a9c2ce3f1284e92058e00078b28baf5e6858887e5c505.jpg

and eve too ;)

Back