We've got spirit, yes we do.....or maybe not

Xandar

OK - just a quick thread about spirit items, and who uses them.

There is some general confusion about +spirit items, and who uses them for their 'Main' spec. This is due to some major changes which came about for Cata, and people are still learning who needs what itemization.

A good example of this is Holy Pally's - they used to never itemize for spirit, but do in the new world. In fact, all healers do to a certain extent, so are valid choices for any spirit items.

HOWEVER - there are a couple of DPS classes who also itemize for spirit, to a certain extent.

Boomkins, Shadow Priests, and Ele Shammies ALL use spirit as a primary stat to a certain extent, as +spirit is equal to +hit for them, in a addition to the mana regen (secondary).

So to recap - and if you are a raid loot master, pay attention :)

Spirit = Valid Main Spec roll for all healers and some dps (boomkin, SP, Ele Shammies), off-spec or not good for anyone else (although it could be HUNTER LOOT :) ). so watch out before you exclude someone from a roll because its not their MS, when in fact it could be....

I have been very curious about this. I did read a thread with holy paladins that spirit is useful but still not the primary stat to chase. I will look for the article because maybe the author was wrong. Great topic and I'd like to clear this up and get to the bottom for each of these classes as to where Spirit belongs.

Int > Spirit, but Spirit vs. Haste is another story for healadins.

Is your mana regen low? Stack Spirit.

Are your heals going off to slowly? Stack Haste

See Ron, I understand now... you're gearing all wrong... SP are still semi broken, so it depends on if you are ok with seeing dots miss... if you are, it's stack around 15% hit, then haste til 20% then int... if haste is greater than 20% then stack int... Crit then Mastery... though the last two are allowed to flip... I'll link the research for that later tonight.

OK, sounds like I am not TOO far off :), I can just reset my idea of the 'cap' to about 15% instead of the 17 some odd %. Everything else is is fairly close to your priorities. I am ok with prioritizing haste over INT too, makes sense.

Back