WH AoE spec

Guilo Tal

This spec works well in PvP, but is best suited for PvE xp grinding. Before the patch I was able to take up to 9 mobs at once with it, now because they nerfed our healing bullets, I don't know how well it will work exactly, but you should be able to do at least 4 mobs easy.

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=9#15:10912:5:0:0:0:25:8120:8121::523::::627:8147:629:630

You won't have all of the points to do that if you aren't level 40, but the points in inquisition are not important, I just threw the extra points there because I had them.

You'll want to go up to Dragon Gun in confession first, and take Dragon Gun, Sanctified Bullets, Repel Blasphemy, and Sweeping Razor in that order.

Then go to an area with a bunch of mobs that you find to be easy to kill and experiment with how many you can handle. Solo I was getting around 600 xp per kill, so leveling goes pretty fast with this spec.

Last edited:
Spec noted, should my Which Hunter ever exceed rank 11.

Hay Kutluch, can you get fraps to work on your machine?
I wanted to run a test, and I need a rank 40 Which Hunter who can fraps to do it.

I'm not sure, I've never tried it. Where do I download it?

As long as the rank 40 WH gets to kill a few destro, I'd be glad to fraps it. :p

http://www.fraps.com/

I want to actually perform some single target DPS tests, your rank 40 witch hunter and my rank 40 white lion.
Obviously there are pros and cons to each class, things each can do that the other cannot, which do not translate into raw DPS.
And that is ok.

We would probably have to perform the tests on NPC mobs to get a true calculation. Against players would skew the numbers, some players are bad, others good.

Also, we don't need fraps to make the comparison, just combat logs. But we would need fraps to make a video of our findings.

All in all, it is just a thought :)

Last edited:
Actually, I have contact with a few destro that we may be able to set up some tests with... do you want a BO, WE, Zealot, Marauder, or Sorc? Not positive that they would agree... but I could ask them still.

There should be an faq on the site.
I would recommend you read it.

You can also google 'getting fraps working'.

Honestly, it is too much to type in a reply post(but it's not THAT complex).

It works pretty well. It can integrate with waaaghbar to if you use that so you can just display your current DPS number instead of having the entire frame up. All you have to do is click on the DPS number to pull the frame up and see the detail by ability. The only thing you have to do is remember to reset it as it appears to display all characters info.

Oh and AoE builds rule pure DPS. The math doesn't lie. 200 dmg on 5 targets > 750 damage on 1 target. Of course the opposite is the 750 dmg has a better chance of getting the killing blow over chipping away at things so to each their own.

AHH!! YOU'RE HIJACKING MY THREAD!!!!

Nah, I don't mind, good to know about the damage meter, I'll have to try it out.

AoE does end up getting the most DPS if the enemies are nicely grouped, I still prefer single target dps for RvR, but AoE is hard to beat for soloing PvE or clearing trash in an instance.

There should be a general disclaimer on the CGA boards, especially when Odale posts to a thread,that it will get hijacked.

I should have incorporated hijacking along with spamming in my signature image.

I guess that's what Godzilla is doing to that plane.

I also prefer single target DPS for my white lion I believe. I enjoy focusing in on someone and demolishing their character. :D (Pounce is a must have though.)

So I downloaded the DPS add on.
It is sub par at best, but maybe I just do not fully grasp all the options.
The worst thing about it is it tallies DPS while you are in combat, even if it is a sorceress/squig herder burning you down at 50 yards!
As a result, since I am not doing any damage in these 'ranged' situations, the DPS meter plummets to basically nothing.
Horrible design from that standpoint.

HOWEVER, in PvE, I was able to get to work properly if I engaged the mobs.

So, I went to this area ->
picture.php

picture.php

And took on all the level 39 dark elf squishy NPCs (I did accidentally get a heavily armored NPC in the mix, so that probably dropped my DPS a bit).

But against level 39 NPC squishy mobs, never attacking from behind because the NPC won't let ya, Loner build, SINGLE TARGET DPS is 500 ish->
picture.php

Which is about what i get in most PvP situations as well, I do roughly 500 damage every second to one target.

Last edited:
You could probably reset it/initiate it when you have favorable conditions or a favorable target selected.

I'll have to download that mod and go test my dps as well... but keep in mind, my stealth attacks don't help against PvE mobs because they won't run around while I'm beating on them. :p

Smart players wont either.

Yes, but the thing is, there's only about 5 smart destro I've come across on our server. :p

I can always just use Burn Armor or my other stealth attack that damages when they cast a spell... but those ones are so stupidly weak. :p

I'll have to download that mod and go test my dps as well... but keep in mind, my stealth attacks don't help against PvE mobs because they won't run around while I'm beating on them. :p

Yeah, my main 'spam' ability ignores 50% of armor from behind, so i am in the same boat.

Back