What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthDapor

Allright heres a few problems I've been hoving for bout 2 years now. The first is more physical, but tis strange. On Thanksgiving Day 2004 I blacked out for no apparent reason, I'll try to describe this to you. It was like my eyes were closing and yet remained open, then all sound started to fade away and it was like dreaming for sometime. Next thing I remember is a rush of wind and a noise of me hitting the floor on my back, then the voice of my brother's wife saying "What happened?". And my dad saying "Oh now what?". Thats when I opened my eyes that seemed to hov closed themselves.
Since then I hovn't blacked out again, but I've felt the same thing I felt right before I blacked out again. Its weird I just get up off a chair and everything starts to fade. So any insight on that is welcome.
But now for the main event: Recently I've had some weird depression sprees. Some hov even brought tears, but they were over the stupidest things (Like some one said I should go to public school; or some body went to the movies; or even some one went to the beach!). I got so depressed the other day I began to chug Jone's soda! (And for those who don't know you don't chug Jone's soda because it comes in 12 ounce bottles!). I'm learning now about the history of mental problems (like depression) in my family, and now a new problem has upset me (but its to personal to mention here). So any advice?

i call it growing up most of the time lol, depression to me, is sorting out all that has happened as of late, your going to be processing alot of information and you do sometimes have to slow down and even depression is a form of it in my opinion. now if your just throwing pity parties well, i cant say i feel sorry for you. and if you ever depressed enough to drink jones soda, go out and buy the pumpkin pie flavored one, you'll gag immediatly :p . as for your black outs.... no idea.

I used to black out after I stood up from a haircut hehehe twice and once I hit the floor. Almost just like you described yet its a blood to the brain thing hehehe relax'd calm heart all mellow then I stand up and beat beat beat plop hehehehe ow floor plz hahaha anyway it has gone away. As for depression well this part has always got me why ppl let it linger.I understand it is a emotion yet in a follower of christ perception it is a absolutely worthless emotion..Imagine heirs to a heavenly kingdom= sadness, oh whatever....wOOt Prince n Princesses!!! P.s use your heart way down deep and pray for help and you will find the comforter and it will no say anything but you will feel the inner peace.Be of cheerful nature for I Jesus Christ have conquered the world hehehe so you don't have to...hehehe slims ad lib but sound advice from da BIG DOG.

DarthDapor said:
Allright heres a few problems I've been hoving for bout 2 years now. The first is more physical, but tis strange. On Thanksgiving Day 2004 I blacked out for no apparent reason, I'll try to describe this to you. It was like my eyes were closing and yet remained open, then all sound started to fade away and it was like dreaming for sometime. Next thing I remember is a rush of wind and a noise of me hitting the floor on my back, then the voice of my brother's wife saying "What happened?". And my dad saying "Oh now what?". Thats when I opened my eyes that seemed to hov closed themselves.
Since then I hovn't blacked out again, but I've felt the same thing I felt right before I blacked out again. Its weird I just get up off a chair and everything starts to fade. So any insight on that is welcome.
But now for the main event: Recently I've had some weird depression sprees. Some hov even brought tears, but they were over the stupidest things (Like some one said I should go to public school; or some body went to the movies; or even some one went to the beach!). I got so depressed the other day I began to chug Jone's soda! (And for those who don't know you don't chug Jone's soda because it comes in 12 ounce bottles!). I'm learning now about the history of mental problems (like depression) in my family, and now a new problem has upset me (but its to personal to mention here). So any advice?

The blacking out, feelings similar since, seems like something I'd want a doctor to check out.

"Weird Depression Sprees" -- I think that happens at certain ages. of course it is dependent on events that happen in your life and situations that you might be experiencing.

What you explain sounds like a hormone thing - crying about things people say or what they do - like going to the movies...sounds like that stage in life.

Of course I've also seen the affects of mental problems...as I too have many people in my family who are currently on medication. I think it's a fine line between the two, perhaps too fine for us humans to really separate the two. I've had my own experience with such things...I'll send a pm later.

DarthDapor said:
I'm learning now about the history of mental problems (like depression) in my family, and now a new problem has upset me (but its to personal to mention here). So any advice?

Depression is often caused by a chemical inbalance in the brain. In that case it will often occur even when things are going well in your life (although it may still be exacerbated by bad life circumstances.)

If you are not currently taking any medications, I can highly recommend tea made with an infusion of St. John's Wart. It has a very pleasant, mild peppery taste and can be sweetened or not. It is safe and also has been shown to boost the immune system. Just don't mix it with other herbs, or take along with any other meds. Chamomile tea also works well as an anti-depressant for many people, but I think St. Johns Wart is much more effective.

I know little about blackouts, but strongly echo the advice above about seeing a doctor. A good friend of Dea and I had one a couple of years ago when he was on some medications and didn't take them as prescribed, and he was in a serious automobile accident as a result. His blackout might have also been related to depression he was experiencing, because it was a very difficult time in his life. But thankfully it hasn't happened to him again.

Paul

Last edited:
Depression... you're 14, right? Well, your emotions as a teen are gonna go haywire, acne assaults you, all of a sudden your arms grow, then your legs, then in the middle of the growth spurt your torso says "Hey wait a second, I think we're supposed to be growing..." and your limbs say "Quite so, old bean!"

Eventually, things even out and your emotions are controlled a little better, you don't get mood swings, etc. It's just the radical heck we call puberty.

As for blacking out, I seriously recommend you see a doctor.

Oh no, the acne assault is almost over! (dunno why but its starting to clear up;) ) I already had my growth spurt! Thats why I'm 14 and most people say I'm 16 or 17!
And back to the Jone's soda thing! You do realize those things our outrageously priced/come in small amounts. If you get to a point when your chugging it! Well you get the idea!
Also, I think it might hov to do with that "chemical imbalence" thing that slim was talking about. If its not hormones I don't know what else!

Nah, I'll get over it. See, I'm joining ArchAngel's side (sarcasticness) This way, everyone wins! Except for everyone else besides me, that is.

anyway, in all seriousness I hope your problem gets better.

for acne go to the store and a cuta cura bar of soap. i hadnt had one for a while and i bought a new one, less than 2 days and my acne is clearing up.

I've been in counseling for depression, and I've struggled off and on with it since I was your age. Depression can be caused by 3 things: physical (like hormones), mental (going through a rough patch, someone close to you dies . . .etc), or spiritual. I went to a Christian counselor for a while who had me command (in a spoken voice) that any demons that have rights and grounds to me be gone in Jesus name and that any wandering demons to cease in what they are doing and go stand before Jesus to be accountable to him. See if this helps you. If it doesn't I would also recommend St. John's Wart and/or seek professional help. Either through your school or your parents. Let me know if the spiritual thing helps you. Depression is not what God wants for us. He is the bringer of Joy.

I am sorry but I cannot let the recommendation of St. John's Wart be made without you actually speaking with your dr. There are waaaaayyyy to many things that interact with herbal products plus they are not regulated by the FDA. So this brand could be 10 times more potent than that one.....etc. Please reread the note for this area above the postings...... we try to help support and give advice but we are not doing so as professional health care providers, even if some of us have more knowledge than others.

Blessings,"Angel"

I am sorry but I cannot let the recommendation of St. John's Wart be made without you actually speaking with your dr. There are waaaaayyyy to many things that interact with herbal products plus they are not regulated by the FDA. So this brand could be 10 times more potent than that one.....etc. Please reread the note for this area above the postings...... we try to help support and give advice but we are not doing so as professional health care providers, even if some of us have more knowledge than others.

Blessings,"Angel"

That is well said and true. I did say very clearly in my post that St. John's Wart should NOT be taken with other meds, and I probably should have also said that you absolutely should check with your doctor before taking it (which is what you should ALWAYS do before taking ANY new medication, whether herbal or not).

Paul

The most likely cause of depression is oppression..

May I suggest handing over your emotions to Jesus is the face of adversity?
(err..in ALL cases for that matter-HeH)

Have you made a total surrender to Him as your personal Saviour?
If so, you may very well be sharing in the sufferings of Christ..

Ask Him what goin on..

Herbal stuff from Nature's Sunshine (my mom works for a lady who sells it) works, I've been taking stuff to help me sleep and stuff and it works. Some of it conflicts with meds, though

We need to get this back on topic or I will be forced to close this thread.
I mean from physically feeling bad to acne to recommendations we cannot make from this community.

Any updates and have you seen your doctor yet?? Again we cannot make medical suggestions even if they work for us. We are NOT licensed doctors etc.
Blessings,"Angel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back